By University of Maryland Medical System
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Version 1.1 Now Available ***
1. Bookmarking - Save your favorite articles for easy retrieval.
2. Email article - Share articles with your friends.
3. Enhanced navigation bar - Navigate the encyclopedia more easily.
This comprehensive and free medical reference is from the University of Maryland Medical Center, one of the nation’s oldest academic medical centers. It contains more than 50,000 pages of in-depth and consumer friendly medical information in both English and Spanish.
This handy application provides medically reviewed information, which is divided into categories to make finding what you’re looking for as easy as possible. These categories include:
* Special Topics
* YouTube Videos
There is also an easy-to-use search feature on the app home page; just type in any keyword or search phrase and the search will return all related content.
This content is updated regularly, and the date it was last reviewed is at the bottom of each article, along with the reviewer’s name and credentials and all references. Articles also contain links to related content and medical illustrations with text that help to increase understanding visually.
The Power of UMMC
Most medical reference content also includes prominent links to clinical content on the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) site, which is the most popular hospital Web site in terms of traffic in the United States.
These links include access to our unique Ask the Expert feature, which allows you to ask questions to more than 70 different UMMC doctors on a wide variety of topics. Our experts received more than 7,000 questions last year, and this feature has consistently been ranked No. 1 by UMMC Web site visitors when asked what they most liked about the site.
The medical reference also offers a rich archive of topic-specific videos, which are another of UMMC’s most popular site features. These videos include doctor interviews, doctor profiles, patient success stories and many more, and are all on UMMC’s YouTube Channel. Check these out by going to the app home page and clicking on YouTube Videos.
Have a friend, family member or loved one who would you’d like to share this content with? E-mail it to them by clicking on the button at the end of all articles.
What's New in Version 1.1
*** JUST ADDED - NEW TOOLBAR ***
Now you can BOOKMARK articles and SHARE links with friends.
Very handy app!
I find this app really handy, especially being pregnant.
There is definitely room for improvement though.
- Would love to be able to see when it's loading so I don't re-click the same button.
- Amazing for a FREE app but could maybe be a bit faster.
- An alphabet scroll on the right hand side would be really helpful with the extensive lists. It would make it faster to scroll to what you want.
- If there was a search field in all the categories, searching, again would be even faster.
- Being able to change the text size would be great as well instead of needing to zoom in and scroll across as well and up and down.
- Also a glossary section would be pretty handy with all the medical terms.
I still love this app and if all or some of these features were added in an update, I would definitely pay.
Does exactly what it says it does works well, small wait on the search but if you had to wade through all that information i am sure there would be more than a "small" wait well done and it's free how can anyone complain about that
Those who complained about the search function not working , it DOES, it just have a lag time of about 10 sec where it just display a blank screen, but after that the text will appear.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 28 August 2009
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: University of Maryland Medical System
- © 2012 University of Maryland Medical System
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.