Coffee is a beautiful experience, crafted in amazing places.
Our app is simply designed to get you informed and out to these places - even those hidden away amongst laneways and caffeine-laden backstreets.
Know what’s good and what’s great with our huge database of professional reviews and Bean Ratings. Find the best local coffee with our Near-Me search. Find by name, that place that guy was raving about the other day. Check out café details, open times, menus and specials. Get there easily with our maps, enjoy great coffee, and show your appreciation with a Vote to help get them into the running for our local Top 100.
When we launched our original app in 2009, we were the first in the world to offer up a real-time app that connected coffee enthusiasts to the best cafés in Melbourne. This all-new app makes living the coffee life easier, and delivers the deliberately simple, no-fuss offering that we are all about: We let you know about great coffee in the moment!
All this means there’s great new stuff for you:
- Simple screen layout for easy searching & viewing cafés.
- Vote for cafés live, right in the app.
- Login, so you can do more.
- View the café menu area, with more coming soon.
- Check out the café specials area.
- Scroll through multiple café photos.
- Link out to café web sites & direct dial via iPhone.
- Search for cafés by name & suburb, now internationally too.
- Filter search results by distance, Votes, Bean Rating & name.
- A bunch more great stuff.
Also grab our 2012 Top 100 Guide app on iPad and iPhone – it’s the fully-detailed, glossy inside scoop, on the 100 best cafés that Melbourne has to offer this year.
www.melbournecoffeereview.com - because life is too short for bad coffee.
Bugs to : email@example.com
Sales inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Review Services Pty Ltd Trading as Melbourne Coffee Review.
ACN 138 178 837 | ABN 65 138 178 837
Ph: +61 412 133 363.
Ratings and Reviews
A little subjective
A pretty good app for local coffee however reviews can be a little subjective. I do like being able to track down new places. It's really convenient. Initially I experienced some problems but was able to rectify by deleting and reloading.
A bit slow and clunky
Content aside, I've found this app to be a bit on the slow side. It doesn't cache search info so when I view a cafe then hit back it needs to reload everything all over again. It's handy with some detailed reviews but I only use it to supplement urbanspoon and broadsheet melb. Could be better
Some useful reviews in this app, but also a lot of shortcomings.
- Near Me feature only shows cafes within 2km, rather than the closest 10 cafes. If you're in the outer suburbs you'll probably draw a blank.
- No way for users to submit their own reviews or leave comments.
- I registered, and this allowed me to do ... nothing. Have I missed something?
- Review and Specials tabs almost always empty.
On the plus side, the reviews are well written and opening hours are always listed. In summary, a useful app but supplement it with a user-driven resource such as BeanHunter.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.