Melbourne International Film Festival
By eFirst Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) is an iconic Melbourne event. MIFF hosts a feast of cinematic delicacies from over 50 countries for seventeen days each winter, heavily garnished with galas, premieres and special events. MIFF is Australia's largest showcase of new Australian cinema and most vocal champion of both emerging and established local filmmaking talent.
The MIFF2015 app lets you:
Explore the program:
- Browse the program by name, date, venue, country, category and director
- Browse 'What's On' at the festival daily
- Shake the app on any program screen to take a chance
- Find out whether sessions are Selling Fast or Sold Out to avoid missing out
- Read event information and watch film trailers
- Find your way around Melbourne with maps for Venues and Dining Partners
- Love it? Hate it? Rate it! Vote in the MIFF People's Choice Award presented by Foxtel for your chance to win daily prizes
Buy and download tickets:
- Buy tickets securely with your credit card anywhere, anytime
- Buy passes and redeem films immediately
- Go paperless: download tickets to be scanned at the cinema door
- Add your tickets to Passbook
- Add your films to iCal
Schedule your attendance and share with friends:
- Create a shortlist of events through Wishlist
- Share events through email, Twitter and Facebook
- Share your ticketed sessions with friends through email or add them to iCal
- Map your nearest MIFF Food & Film partners and access special offers
- Get the latest festival news straight to your phone
- Follow the festival through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and YouTube feeds
- Join the conversation - tag #MIFF2015
Left your printed tickets at home?
If you buy tickets using the same MIFF account details, you can retrieve all the barcodes on your device regardless of how you purchased (counter, web or phone). These barcodes can be scanned on your device for entry at the cinema door.
About the developers:
Ferve Tickets has been working with festivals in Australia for the last decade, setting up customised ticketing systems to deliver a smooth, stress-free festival experience - for both staff and customers.
What's New in Version 5.0
Updated for the 2015 festival!
This app makes booking and keeping track of your films a breeze, so well thought out and executed. One small thing that would make it outstanding; if you could have an appointment made in calendar when you pay for your tickets. (Or maybe email as .ics file)
Making MIFF manageable!
As much as I love pouring over the physical miff program, this ap makes it much easier to choose what I'm seeing. Make a wish list, the ap me members my mini pass number, it doesn't let me double book. Perfect!
All features in the app have been well done. Nothing in the app is just there without a reason. I was Directory motivated to buy tickets and go for the movies because of the convenience. Well done.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 09 July 2015
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 46.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vallez Pty Ltd
- © eFirst Group 2015 and Melbourne International Film Festival 2015. Some copyright content within the app vests with other parties but is used under licence or agreement with MIFF
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.