Melbourne International Film Festival
By eFirst Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) is an iconic Melbourne event. MIFF Hosts a feast of cinematic delicacies from over 50 countries for seventeen days each Winter, and is heavily garnished with a range of parties and special events that cast a celebratory mood over the city. The Festival is one of Australia's most significant public events.
The MIFF2013 app lets you:
Explore the program:
- Browse the program by name, date, venue, country, category and director
- Browse ‘What’s On’ at the festival daily
- Shake the app on any program screen to take a chance
- Find out whether sessions are Selling Fast or Sold Out – try not to miss out!
- Read event information and watch film trailers
- Find your way around Melbourne with maps for Venues and Dining Partners
- Love it? Hate it? Rate it! Vote in the MIFF People's Choice Award presented by Foxtel Movies for your chance to win daily prizes by mattt bags
Buy and download tickets:
- Buy tickets securely with your credit card anywhere, anytime
- Buy passes and redeem films immediately
- Go paperless: download tickets to be scanned at the cinema door
- Add your tickets to Passbook
- Add your films to iCal
Schedule your attendance and share with friends:
- Create a shortlist of events through Wishlist
- Share events through email, Twitter and Facebook
- Share your ticketed sessions with friends through email or add them to iCal
- Map your nearest MIFF Food & Film partners and access special offers
- Get the latest festival news straight to your phone
- Follow the festival through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr and YouTube feeds
- Want to be part of the conversation? Include #miff2013 in your tweets.
Left your printed tickets at home?
If you buy tickets using the same MIFF account details, you can retrieve all the barcodes on your device regardless of how you purchased (counter, web or phone). These barcodes can be scanned on your device for entry at the cinema door.
About the developers:
Ferve Tickets has been working with festivals in Australia for the last decade, setting up customized ticketing systems to deliver a smooth, stress-free festival experience – for both staff and customers.
What's New in Version 3.5.42
Update compatibility with international characters
Overall, it's a good app; however there is plenty of room for improvement:
- the "Selling Fast/Standby" section should only include sessions from today onward to save users time from scrolling down the list.
- Date search should enable users to group the results by venue.
Great app, my only suggestion is to have a red dot as the symbol for films on standby rather than having "standby" written over them as it's quite difficult to see, especially when your phone is on low brightness.
Helpful and fun
Love this app on all levels. Has made the festival fun and easy as a seamless exercise in the way things should run. Thankyou and well done
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 31 July 2013
- Version: 3.5.42
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vallez Pty Ltd
- © (c) eFirst Group 2013 and Melbourne International Film Festival 2013. Some copyright content within the app vests with other parties but is used under licence or agreement with Melbourne International Film Festival
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.