* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
he brand new, redesigned Messenger app is now easier to use, simpler to navigate and more fun.
Messenger has been simplified into three tabs—People, Chat and Explore.
-Chat tab lets you quickly access all your messages (1:1 and groups), video chat, call, use the camera and even catch up on friends' Stories.
-People tab helps you find friends, both new and old.
-Explore tab connects you to your favorite brands, find discounts, play games and more in explore.
Plus, new color gradients make your chat more colorful too!
Ratings and Reviews
Layout keeps changing
Though the actual function of messenger works perfectly fine, (I.e. able to communicate to friends and families) the layout of the messenger apps keeps changing. It is getting to the point where it would change 3 times a day. It is frustrating and annoying because the features are slightly different between the old layout and new layout. For example, in the old layout, if I wanted to archive a chat, I would need to hold the chat whereas the new one you would have to swipe left. Or in the old layout, right at the bottom there are 5 icons you can click on whereas the new there are 3 icons. I don’t mind either layout but just stick with one.
I do not know if I’m the only one affected but please do something about it.
If it ain't broke don't fix it
The new update of this app has left me wondering what those app developers are spending their days doing.
There have been many unnecessary and quite obviously unwanted changes made in Messenger's recent update that has just left myself and everyone who ik uses the app in utter frustration.
The first of the subtle but annoying changes are the dots when typing - this is helpful for one to see if their counterpart is planning on replying to the message or simply leaving them on read.
Another change would be in the games. This one I'm particularly salty about. As an avid player of the games messenger had to offer, the new update has left it looking even of less quality than it did before, I don't know how this is possible or how the app developers have managed to make it look like I'm playing on a 2006 Nokia phone.
For the more competitive of us out there, Messenger is seemingly almost entirely useless on the matter of scores within a chat. For competitive purposes, I like showing off my score and high streaks. This new update is riddled with bugs and doesn't show the scoring, leaving my counterpart and myself in much frustration. Not to mention the ads. Honestly no comment there, it speaks for itself - get rid of them. Facebook makes more than enough money as it is, you don't need ads on the add-on app you make us get.
I expect these problems to be rectified immediately on the next update this app has to offer.
Apple Watch app still broken
On iPhone, the app is fine. Way too cluttered and chaotic, but it works.
On Apple Watch, the app doesn't get past the loading circle of death. I have updated to the latest versions of Messenger, iOS, and watchOS - no change. Then I reinstalled Messenger on my iPhone and then again on my Apple Watch - no different.
There are lots of reviews describing this issue, and apparently it's not a new one. I would genuinely love (and rate this app five stars) if it worked seamlessly on Apple Watch. But as it stands, this issue is actually nudging me towards relieving myself of Facebook's iron grip completely. Messenger is honestly the only thing that keeps me using Facebook. And as I actually do most of my communicating via Apple Watch these days, I'm just going to end up looking for an alternate solution that works (one that lets me leave Facebook for good).
- Facebook, Inc.
- 228.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.