Met Office Weather application
By Met Office
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A daily weather forecast app from the Met Office, providing both the latest world weather forecasts and severe weather warnings for UK locations. With detailed 5 day weather forecasts for over 13,000 UK and international sites, you can access the latest weather forecast information wherever you go. Hourly weather forecasts are given for days 1 and 2 on all UK forecast sites, along with access to the details of all Met Office National Severe Weather Warnings issued. You can subscribe for push notifications to alert you of the latest severe weather, be it snow, wind, ice, fog or rain, with the Met Office’s Severe Weather Warnings push alerts, meaning you will never miss a warning. For a full list of features, see below.
• 5- day forecasts for over 5,000 UK locations
• Push notifications for UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your chosen regions
• Text and maps detailing UK National Severe Weather Warnings
• Hourly UK location forecasts for first two days
• Three-hourly UK forecasts for days 3-5
• Three-hourly daily forecasts for numerous international locations
• Save up to 10 favourite UK or international locations
• Regularly updated with the latest forecast and warning information
• Social media sharing so you can share forecasts with friends and family
• UV forecast maps
• Probability of precipitation
• Temperature and Feels like temperature
• Sunrise and sunset
• Wind speed and direction
Please note the map layers will work best over 3G or WiFi.
This popular app won Best App 2012 at the Sparkies 2013 Awards, has achieved AQuA (App Quality Alliance) standard and has been nominated for a number of industry awards.
This app does not support landscape view, and whilst it may work on some tablets it has not been built to support tablet use.
This app is ad-supported. In response to customer feedback users can remove advertising for the cost of £1.99 through an in-app purchase.
If you decide to do so we hope that you will be happy with your in-app purchase, however if for some reason the advertising removal isn't working we are happy to offer a refund. We do not provide refunds under any other circumstances. All refunds are restricted to the operator's standard terms and conditions.
If you have purchased advertising removal in a previous version please select the ‘Restore Ad Removal’ button in the ‘Information’ section of the app.
Please check our website www.metoffice.gov.uk for more information about our services and application updates.
We appreciate your feedback, to do so please contact the Met Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.8