The Michael Morcombe and David Stewart eGuide to the Birds of Australia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The foremost field guide to Australian birds is now available on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with a comprehensive collection of bird calls.
** If you would like to experience the app check out The Michael Morcombe eGuide to the Birds of Australia LITE which is FREE and includes 59 species **
Michael Morcombe’s Field Guide to Australian Birds has been called the most comprehensive field guide to Australian birds in the market today and now it is perfectly complimented by the eGuide which features:
● iPhone optimised controls – swipe to next or previous species, one-tap enlargement of an image and rotate the device (landscape) to enlarge an image completely (and fit the width of the screen).
● Over 3000 hi-res bird images covering over 790 bird species.
● Most bird species have a detailed distribution map showing any subspecies that occur.
● Detailed text descriptions of almost all bird species including songs and calls, measurements and breeding behaviour.
● Over 1800 carefully-selected and edited sound recordings for over 600 species. Many species are represented with multiple call examples showing the full range of vocalizations.
● The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen. The ability to filter by geographic location, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to usual or vagrant species in the selected area.
● A “Smart Search” that gives the ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, colour, physical features, habitat and exclude certain types of birds (eg. Passerines).
● A basic personal species list that stores your sightings saved to the device* (ability to upload list coming soon)
● A comprehensive help and introduction section to help you if you get stuck or don’t understand how a certain feature works.
*Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
NB. This Application WILL ONLY work on an iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS V7.1 or higher NOT A NORMAL IPOD CLASSIC/NANO and the download is about 320MB.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
Changed the minimum supported iOS version to 7.1 to prevent an app crash in a future iOS update.
Fixed a few bugs and errors.
Great bird calls
I have been bird watching for some time yet struggle with the bird calls. This is a app has really helped to familiarise the calls as well as providing a great general resource.I really recommend this app. Worth the money.
Don't update without back up!
I was enjoying this app - keeping my list of Australian birds seen, only here. Oops!
I upgraded the version without thinking, and have now lost my whole list. When I will get back to places like Cape York or the Sturt Stony desert who knows?
Very annoying to put it mildly! Not much help from support so will be going to PIzzey to see if I can do better.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 26 February 2016
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 360 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cool Ideas LLC
- © 2014 Cool Ideas LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.