Capture your thoughts, discoveries, and ideas and simplify overwhelming planning moments in your life with your very own digital notepad.
With OneNote, you can plan that big event, seize that moment of inspiration to create something new, and track that list of errands that are too important to forget. Write memos, make a digital sketchbook and save notes right on your phone.
Sync your notes via OneDrive to access them anytime, anywhere. Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft Account. Take notes, share ideas, organize and collaborate when you download Microsoft OneNote today.
• Capture your thoughts, save discoveries, share ideas and simplify planning moments with your very own digital notebook.
• With OneNote, you can plan that big event, save ideas to create something new and track that list of errands that are too important to forget.
• Save pictures of whiteboards, photos or printed documents in your notes with Office Lens. Quickly take a picture, automatically crop and insert the image into your notes.
• Whether you're at home, in the office, or on the go, your notes are available to you across all of your devices.
Organize, Search and Secure:
• Quickly organize your notes in a way that works best for you with powerful organizational tools.
• Create, rename, search, sort, and copy pages, sections, and notebooks.
• Find your most recent notes quickly and pin the pages you use most.
• Secure your notes with a password and use touch ID to quickly access them.
Sync your Sticky Notes:
• Quickly save your thoughts and ideas with colorful sticky notes on the go.
• Sync your sticky notes to access them from anywhere on any device, anytime.
• Organize your ideas with simple and smart sticky notes.
Collaborate and Share:
• Share ideas and your notes with your friends and colleagues, whether you're planning a party or a working on a school project with your study group.
• Collaborate and work together in a shared notepad.
Save and Share Ideas:
• Access your notes on your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other devices.
• Your notes are synced to the cloud (OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint) making it easy to access your recipe notes on your iPhone at the store, your homework on your Mac in class, or your itinerary on your iPad during your travels.
• Achieve more with OneNote when you log in with your Microsoft Account.
Make a Check list:
• Create to-do lists to keep track of your daily errands, groceries shopping, or travel planning.
• Write memos and quick reminders whenever you need them.
Write & Draw on iPad:
• Take notes at a conference, write math equations in class or sketch your ideas.
• Use a variety of pen colors and settings to create beautiful handwritten notes and drawings.
• Draw with confidence with "Convert to Shapes" mode: OneNote will automatically convert hand drawn shapes into crisp, perfectly regular polygons and circles.
• Use a stylus or the touchscreen to write notes or use OneNote as a sketchbook.
OneNote is free on iPhone and many other devices. Get started today! Download OneNote and sign in with your Microsoft Account or the account assigned to you by your work or school.
This month’s update is bug fixes only.
Thanks for using OneNote! We listened to your feedback and updated the application with optimizations to help improve your note taking experience.
Having trouble? Send feedback in the app (OneNote->Settings->Send Feedback)
Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box at https://aka.ms/onenote-ios-suggest
Ratings and Reviews
Ongoing sync problems
I really like using onenote and have been using it for a couple of years now however i experience ongoing problems with syncing between my Mac and IOS devices. I follow the guidelines issued by Microsoft and the problems still occur. There is no way to fix them if i want to keep using the notebooks other than to waste another hour or more of my life revisiting internet guides on how to fix the problems, deleting the app, recreating notebooks from OneDrive addresses etc until it all works together again and until I inadvertently use the app on my iPad when it is still open on my computer or the other way round and although i constantly try to make sure i sync notebooks when i have finished ... the problem inevitably occurs again with annoying regularity.
It appears that syncing between devices is not straight forward and requires an attention to detail that inhibits flexible use between eg computor and ipad. Maybe this problem is specific to using the apps on apple devices however there seems to be no acknowledgement of a problem - i have never had a response to feedback or queries from Microsoft
So despite one note being great to use this really spoils it for me and am moving away from using it.
Paperless Uni Student
I went into Uni with the mindset of not having to bring any books or pens or erasers, this was the solution. I’ve spend 2 weeks now using the iPad as my source of note taking and this is the perfect app for it.
It syncs relatively well with my laptop and my pc so I always have access to my notes. Everything is organised beautifully and the pure writing experience with the apple pen makes note taking genuinely a fun experience.
I have one suggestion though, please make It so you can drag slides and pages of PDFs instead of needing to insert the entire thing in. I’ve had to screenshot my screen and then insert the photo and crop the slide into my page just so it’s there. Pretty annoying, other than that, great app.
OneNote to rule them all
My wife has been using OneNote for her classroom for a while now. I was using GoodNotes, Evernote and nearly every other app I could find. I thought I would give OneNote a go this year and I’m glad I did. Being able to organize notes into sections, pages and pages gives me all the hierarchy I need to catergorise all the notes for my different businesses and interests.
I particularly like the real-time sync on the iMac which would be great for presentations. Being able to set up templates on my iMac then write notes on my iPad Pro works really well.
I have now consolidated all of my notes from the other platforms onto OneNote. Highly recommended.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 211.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.