Outlook lets you bring all of your email accounts and calendars in one convenient spot. Whether it’s staying on top of your inbox or scheduling the next big thing, we make it easy to be your most productive, organised and connected self.
Here’s what you’ll love about Outlook for iOS:
- Focus on the right things with our smart inbox – we help you to sort between messages you need to act on straight away and everything else.
- Swipe to quickly schedule, delete and archive messages.
- Share your meeting availability with just a tap and easily find times to meet with others.
- Find everything you're looking for with our new search experience, including files, contacts and your upcoming trips.
- View and attach any file from your email, OneDrive, Dropbox and more, without having to download them to your phone.
- Bring all the apps you love in Outlook, including Facebook, Evernote, Trello and more.
- Open Word, Excel or other Office document attachments to edit them directly in the corresponding app and attach them back to an email.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail and iCloud.
This update fixes an issue some users experienced where emails would occasionally remain in the Outbox after sending.
Feel free to send us any comments or questions via our in-app support in Settings – we’d love to hear from you.
Ratings and Reviews
Outlook at home or on the go
IOutlook makes it easy to safely and securely send and receive E-mail messages, create contacts, save messages in different folders and create rules to move them automatically, which helps you stay organised. You can access Outlook from any devices, for instance your mobile phone, laptop, tablet or computer all in the comfort of your own home, at work (at least on your break) or while on the go, near or far, while travelling nationally or internationally. You can with confidence let people know your E-mail address as the junk mail function helps keep the inbox free from irritating unwanted and potentially harmful E-mail messages. Best of all is that Outlook is free and the advertising at the side is interest linked and unobtrusive so you can click on it at will and ignore it if the time isn't right to look at it. Outlook helps you keep in touch with family, friends and business acquaintances without the worry of others reading your personal information. I love it and am so grateful for being able to use it.
After an email conversation has continued for many forwards and replies, the length of conversation may become quite long. Sometimes, it is good to shorten and delete some of the parts of the old conversations in order to highlight a particular portion for your recipient.
Outlook has problems with this and starts to force scroll in a direction toward top or bottom, making it nearly impossible to edit and achieve a focused conversation. You have to close it and save as a draft, then reopen, start editing again, and have to do this sequence sometimes multiple times just to complete the email.
With the number of other bugs that I have found, I am fairly convinced that Microsoft either does not use their own products OR the very poor service paradigm of customers testing MS products for them is contributing too much to the bottom line at the expense of the customers. The modern IT perversion of customer service, converting the testing team to be the customer and wait for feedback, leaves me asking, where is my pay check?
Was OK, then got worse
This app used to be good a few years ago but the design was changed to a worse one (constrained and inefficient use of space) and performance is just atrocious. Switched back to Apple Mail and Calendar and OMG they got it sooo right: emails are super easy to read, I can see just the information I need, conversation structure nice and clear, events are super clear and everything is just easy to understand at an immediate glance without having to switch back and forth. Fantastic job Apple team! Only advantage Outlook has is access to the Global Address List, but that’s not a big problem as most of the time you’re just replying to existing emails. Anyway, once the interface and performance of Outlook improves I may switch back (but it has to REALLY improve).
- Microsoft Corporation
- 240 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Office 365 Home $13.99
- Office 365 Personal $9.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.