Put your mileage logbook on autopilot: Let your phone track your trips, and have your ATO compliant mileage documentation ready to hand-over at any time.
+250.000 trust us with their mileage logbook. Get started for free today!
▶ 1. TRACK: Record your trips on the go
- Simply press start and let the app take care of the rest. Using your phone’s GPS, we record your trip from start to finish.
- Automatically tracking of all trips? Go a step further and never forget to log a trip again. With our auto tracking enabled all your trips will automatically be logged in the background. Just keep the phone in your pocket.
- Forgot a trip? No worries, you can always manually add a trip later on. Simply select where the trip started and ended and we’ll calculate the route.
▶ 2. CLASSIFY: Log who you visited & the purpose
- Easy to categorize your trips as business or private.
- Start and stop addresses are automatically logged, and you can easily name the places. We’ll even suggest suggests companies nearby, so you simply chose who you visited.
- When returning to the same place the app automatically selects the previously used location
- Do you need to keep a mileage log for multiple vehicles or report mileage to more than one employer? No problem. You can easily segment your trips and reporting for different vehicles and workplaces.
▶ 3. REPORT: Easily submit your ATO compliant logbook
- Your mileage documentation is ready when you are. You’re only one click away from detailed reports available on mobile or desktop - downloadable as a PDF or Excel file, ready to hand over to your employer or accountant.
- The report contains the details required by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), ready to be used as documentation for e.g. reimbursement claims or tax deductions.
- Do you need to log your car’s odometer? We’ve got you covered. You decide how often you log your odometer and we do all the math in between the trips. You can even set up the app to remind your daily, weekly or monthly.
▶ AUSTRALIAN TAXATIONS OFFICE (ATO) & MILEAGE RATES
- From the get-go, we’ll automatically calculate reimbursements based on the current mileage rates from ATO (that we make sure to keep up-to-date).
- If you’d like, you can set your own custom reimbursement rates or choose not to calculate reimbursements at all.
- We primarily support the following countries: Australia (ATO), USA (IRS), Canada (CRA), United Kingdom (HMRC), Denmark, Sweden, and Finland.
▶ YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
- All your data is secured on your online account, always available even if you lose your phone.
- You can easily manage everything from our website. From here you can access all your trips, manage your locations etc. and print reports or download them as PDF or Excel.
▶ AUTO TRACKING WITH IBEACON
- Place a Driversnote iBeacon in your car, and the app will automatically record all your trips in the background. You will never forget to log a trip again.
- We’ll send you an iBeacon for free, when you sign up for the annual basic subscription.
- When entering your car the phone detects the Driversnote iBeacon, and when you drive, it starts recording your trip. No need to open the app.
- When you leave your car, the app stops recording, and you get a notification letting you know that the trip was logged.
- If you have questions or feedback please contact us at tel. (+45) 71 99 37 54 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do use the GPS in the background when logging a trip, and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Driversnote 2.0 is here with an all new look! We've made the app even easier to navigate and added new features to help you get more out of the app - and your reimbursement. Here are some of the helpful new features we've added:
- An all new dashboard with graphs and charts that make it easier to see the overview of your driving habits and watch your reimbursements stack up.
- Easier trip classification options. Enter your working hours to automatically log trips as either work or personal.
- More control over manual trips. Manage your saved locations and choose from alternate routes all from within the app.
Make sure to update to the new version and launch the app to complete the migration of your data.
** Driversnote 2.0.15 addresses some issues that some users had with the new version. If you upgrade to the new version and experience issues please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Scam? - to access >20 trips pay $14/month
Pros: works fine, easy to set up, easy to get going, provides output in a variety of formats
Cons: confusing menu system, does not work at all without data and GPS connection - if the trip ends in an under ground car park for example, will often show 0 kms travelled. Notes entry is worthless as can’t see which trips have notes. Nowhere to enter fuel receipts. Unclear payment system - no warning of how much to pay after how many trips per month. Use a diary - much more effective and less surprises
UPDATE: following a developer response below I would like to suggest the developer makes it CLEAR THIS IS A TRIAL APP. Suckering people in to believe the app is free only to discover at the end of the year that one must PAY to subscribe to get the complete report is DISHONEST and PREDATORY.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. You're right that the app needs GPS to track your vehicle's movements. But if you do find yourself somewhere without signal, you can always add your end location manually. Data usage is only necessary if you want to see the route being tracked on a map in real-time - if you don't want it to use data, you just need to remember to sync your trips next time you are on Wifi.
Also, you might be pleased to know that we are releasing a new-and-improved version of the app very soon, which is more user-friendly and easy to navigate.
I'm sorry if the information about subscription pricing came as a surprise - but rest assured that if you go over the 20 free trips per month, you won't be charged. It's up to you whether you wish to subscribe and generate a comprehensive report.
Our support team is on hand if you ever need help with anything - you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The App itself is excellent.
The app is free. I logged for over a month and it was amazing i thought this was the best thing ever. Sadly after this month i can no longer even log into the App. It does not even recognise my email. Have sent mutiple emails to the get help page and have not had a response. I pressume like others they will expect you to pay for a package to continue.
Admin contacted me after my last email and i had incorrectly entered and saved my email with them without the correct destination, they were very helpful with their response.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that you have been having issues with our app. I'm suspecting there could be a typo in your email registration since you can't login or reset the password. Do you mind sending us an email to email@example.com and we'll have a look into this.
The Best Out There
I have downloaded all the major and popular mileages tracking apps and Driversnote is by far the best and easiest to use. The GPS works great and is accurate, inputing your car details is easy, starting the tracking, entering your odometer reading, tracking your trip, claimable expenses, everything is so easy. Even when you arrive at your destination and you haven't moved, it reminds you to complete the trip! The emailing or downloading of the data is simple and straight forward too. Don't even think of using another app, this is the best!
- Driversnote ApS
- 57.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Driversnote ApS
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.