Monal allows you to connect to your chat server without having to give a third party access to your password or messages. Whether it is a personal Google talk account or a corporate chat server, it is important not to give someone access to sensitive information. This app has no ads, no user behavior tracking and all messages are exchanged directly with the XMPP chat server.
- No Ads! Strong focus on privacy. Does not phone home and does not have "metrics" software beyond anonymous crash reporting (crashlytics). Does not read any personal information.
- A direct client that does not transmit your password to a 3rd party.
- Standard XMPP Jingle VOIP. Allows voice conversation with any other user with a program that supports it (e.g. GTalk, pidgin, psi, etc.)
- Will work with corporate XMPP servers that require VPN
- MUC multi user chat
- Reply from notifications
- Tested heavily with Google Talk, Openfire, Prosody and eJabberd servers.
Implements XMPP certain extensions intended to improve mobile communication.
- XEP-0357: Push Notifications
- XEP-0280: Message Carbons keep messages in synch between clients.
- XEP-0198: Stream Management to quickly reconnect.
- XEP-0199: XMPP Ping to maintain connections.
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management to download chat history.
- XEP-0352: Client State Indication for dramatic reduction on power use.
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload to send images in conversations.
fixed several Ui issues, crashes and added the ability to mute conversations
Ratings and Reviews
So much potential
This is the only app we've found that successfully connects to our Openfire Jabber server. Only problem is it crashes pretty much every time you try and join a group chat room.
Great for direct client
Other clients proxy your communication through unknown third party servers, this one goes direct to your jabber server.
Finally just works!
Works with SSL and does not crash as before. Finally a xmpp for free. Byebye web clients!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.