MoneyBrilliant provides the tools to help you make better decisions about your money. Its like a personal financial assistant that never stops working for you – you’re the boss but we’ve got your back.
1. Connect all your accounts to see a complete picture
You can connect all your financial accounts and see all the details on whatever device you choose – your phone, tablet or computer. We connect to more institutions than anyone else
2. Understand your spending – so you can change it
Use our connections, intelligent transaction categorisation and spending reports to understand how you spend your money and find opportunities to spend less
3. Manage your bills
Identify your bills, view your upcoming bills calendar, track your spending by biller and set alerts for upcoming, due and missed bills
4. Get better deals on bills
Automatically find the cheapest gas and electricity deals based on your bills and energy usage data. We will regularly check the market to make sure you are on the best plans
5. Create a budget and track your progress
Automatically create a budget based on your historical income and spending, adjust your budgeted income and spending to achieve your goals and we will automatically track and report your progress - with no boring data entry
6. Set savings goals to achieve the important things
Use our Save and Invest tool to set savings goals for the things that really matter – calculate how much you need to save each month, whether you can afford it, and link your goals to specific accounts to automatically track your progress
7. Track your tax deductible expenses
Never forget to claim an allowable tax deduction again by automatically identifying possible tax deductible expenses and capturing receipts. At the end of year send a summary report to your tax accountant or adviser
8. Sort out your banking and bank efficiently
Get suggestions on how to improve your banking structure and habits to simplify your banking and bank more efficiently
9. Compare your income and spending to others
Use People Like Me to compare your spending and income to people like you – people with the same income, same net worth, live in the same area or have the same occupation
*Connect with over 200 banking products
*Smart and customisable categorisation system that learns from your preferences
*Advanced expense tracker and extensive spending reports
*Automatic and comprehensive budget planner
*Advanced savings calculator and investing options
*Bill Watch to save you money on your bills
*Automatic identification of possible tax deductions based on your occupation and transactions
*People Like Me to compare your income and spending with others
*Activity Feed to receive alerts and insights about your money
*Bank level Security. We protect all data using advanced 256-bit encryption
MoneyBrilliant is free to use for 30 days. Following that, the MoneyBrilliant subscription is $9.90 per month (automatically renews every month) or $99 per year (automatically renews every year).
For more details about our plans:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period ($9.90 monthly or $99 yearly)
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by in Account Settings.
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
- Connect your super account and the new Plan for Retirement feature will estimate your retirement savings
- You can use the Plan for Retirement dashboard to see the impact of things like additional contributions, changing your investments and fees and charges
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Too restrictive but has potential
What I love about this app is there’s finally a money app that can automate to my credit card, where I make 85% of my transactions, not just my bank account. In fact this app can link up to my super, a little investment app called Acorns etc, so the automation is second to none.
However the rest of the app is frustrating. They give you ready made categories, but if for instance you don’t want your mortgage lumped in to the same category as your car loan, well tough, there’s nothing you can do about it. They claim you can create categories on the desktop version, but this is in fact not true. You can only create “sub categories” that still have to get plonked in to one of their chosen categories. So if like me you want car loan to be it’s own category. Well you can’t. This also means their reports are pointless. As I have no interest in knowing what my percentage spend on mortgage & car loan combined is, as an overview of my total spending.
So automating to just about every financial institution is second to none. However the functionality of the app itself is very limited.
So much potential
This app could be really great but as it stands, it is has far too many glitches for it to be worthwhile. Especially considering it isn’t free. “Pending” transactions take far too long to be categorised (up to a week in some cases), despite the transaction being complete within the relevant bank account and the inability to categorise them yourself is incredibly frustrating. This completely throws out my projected budget and safe spending, defeating the whole purpose of the app. If I am unable to get an accurate, up to date view of my finances, what is the point of this app? Furthermore, I repeatedly have to recategorise transactions that I have already categorised. For example, yesterday I categorised my pay as “income.” It worked and my budget adjusted. Today I log on and the transaction has reverted to “pending” and thrown out my entire budget. It’s incredibly frustrating having to constantly recategorise transactions just to get an accurate budget overview.
I’ll see this app out until the end of the free trial, but if these problems don’t improve, I won’t be paying for such an inaccurate app.
Developer Response ,
Hi fernegully, thanks for your feedback and sorry you've had some issues with pending transactions. The main problem with pending transactions is that banks themselves often keep the transactions in a "pending" state for several days and sometimes change things like the transaction description. We are continually working to improve how we deal with this kind of issue. Our support team may be able to help you more with some of these issues - feel free to contact them directly at email@example.com
Buggy and frustrating :-(
1. I spent hours setting up my budget and then today I load the app and almost every number has been changed! I did nothing and yet it adjusted my figures without my consent. This is soooo frustrating
2. If you click support to send an email from iPhone, the Send button is greyed out. So I can't even provide feedback from the app (so I'm writing it here instead)
3. The program doesn't have an ipad version unfortunately
4. On the desktop I selected Save All and Remember for a Category which shared the same first 15 or so letters with 102 other transactions but matched exactly only 30 or so. So I assumed it would only change the 30, but it changed all 102. This took me hours to fix. If it says match a transaction it should match exactly not just check the first 15 or so letters. With most bank transfers it is the final 4 letters that differentiate transactions!
- MoneyBrilliant Pty Ltd
- 77.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 MoneyBrilliant Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Plus Plan $9.99
- Plus Plan $98.99
- Stanford Brown Customer $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.