ASIC's MoneySmart Cars app helps you:
• Work out the real cost of buying and running a car
• Identify hidden costs
• Find alternative ways to finance a car
This app is ideal for people who are ready to buy a car. You'll get an initial result of what your car will cost and
you can further personalise the result by inputting details of your car and loan options.
Buying a car is an emotional decision. The type of car you buy is important because you will own it for a long time
and it has to meet your needs. Put yourself in the driver's seat and become an informed buyer. Using this app will
give you more confidence and control when you go into a car dealership.
• Estimate the cost of your car
• See what your car loan repayments will be
• Factor in the cost of insurance, registration and more
• Identify all your running costs, even those you haven't thought about yet
• Avoid car buying traps
WHO IS ASIC'S MONEYSMART?
ASIC's MoneySmart is an initiative of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Australia's
corporate, markets and financial services regulator. The website offers free, independent guidance and practical
tools to help you make the most of your money. It is put together by an experienced team of financial planners
and consumer educators.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful little tool
This app is great for predicting how much money having a car will cost you. There are some variables that it includes into the cost of owning a car that I still don’t quite understand (more details about what they are, or references to find out more, could be useful features) but it’s all there and takes out all the confusion.
Really useful to get an idea about the costs of buying and running a car.
Made me think about how much I would spend over time. Scary!
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- 18.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission © ASIC 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.