Tell MoodMission how you’re feeling and it will give you a tailored list of 5 Missions that can help you feel better. Missions are activities and mental health strategies that are quick, easily achievable, and backed up by scientific evidence.
MoodMission is based in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), which is an evidence-based psychological therapy for anxiety and depression. Anyone can use MoodMission, whether you just want a lift in your day or need a bit more help recovering from anxiety or depression.
Completing Missions earns you rewards in the app, motivating you to take steps towards becoming healthier, happier, and more confident. Plus a mission log helps you track your progress over time.
MoodMission learns which types of Missions work best for you, so the more you use MoodMission the better it gets at tailoring your Mission suggestions.
MoodMission is not a replacement for professional help. If you are experiencing anxiety, depression, or any mental health issue, talk to your GP or contact a psychologist for support.
- Make sure in-app browser is consistent
- Preserve missions before they are chosen
Ratings and Reviews
A pocket helper
As someone who has experienced subclinical anxiety and low mood for the past decade, to be able to quickly and easily access a tool that allows you to help yourself is invaluable. The surveys at the beginning take a bit of time to complete but hey, science is slow, and being able to experimentally validate an app like this is super important. There are so many nonsense apps on the market based on pseudoscience (or someone's opinion), it's refreshing to find an app that has a clear evidence base.
A total waste of time
I heard about this app from an ABC podcast and thought it might be useful. Well it most certainly is not! Some thoughts:
1. It was VERY difficult to register taking multiple attempts, the UI is quite poor even on an iPad Air, on my iPhone 5c it was next to useless.
2. The survey questions seemed Ok but some surveys were difficult to complete. The app not seeming to register that the particular survey was complete, showing say 96% complete then requiring 4 to 5 more attempts to complete the survey.
3. The worst aspect is that when you finish the surveys there is NO RESPONSE! What did the responses to the survey questions mean? Where to next?
This app looks like a data collection exercise for somebody's PHD thesis at the expense of the poor dopes who complete the survey. Very annoying!
Glitchy, buttons won't work
I've managed to get past the survey, however, the only option for the "what I'm feeling" part that works is the "Neither of the above" one, because I can't get past the mood scale part for the other two. I can't even tap on the "accept mission" button either.
- MoodMission Ptd Ltd
- 68.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © MoodMission Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Mission Maker $7.99
- Expedition - Public Speaking $7.99
- Expedition - Fear of Flying $7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.