By MotorMouth Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
See the latest fuel prices across Australia and be rewarded for contributing prices!
MotorMouth is a fun community of bargain lovers helping each other save money, earn great rewards, and get the best deal on fuel.
- See the cheapest price near you on a map
- Find out if now is the best time to buy. Fill up or top up!
- View market trends and forecasts in your favourite locations
- Save your favourite locations and sites
- Contribute fuel prices to earn credits and be rewarded with credit rewards. Start saving!
- Track your usage and Credit history
If you buy fuel, you need this app!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease the battery life
What's New in Version 3.0.1
Thanks for using MotorMouth, we hope you will enjoy the latest updates.
We are constantly working improve your experience with MotorMouth and welcome any feedback, please consider taking a few minutes to leave us a review.
- Reveal prices on the map
- Electronic prices updated every 15 minutes
- Greater nationwide coverage including rural areas
- Credits awarded post-processing
- Credit Report
- Price Reveal Report
- Help and Advisory screens
- All features are now completely free
- Stability improvements
This is a good app with great potential. At the moment however, it has to many cons against its limited pros.
1. You can use this app without making any payments. (Only the optional additional features will cost.)
2. Freely view a chart that tracks fuel cost cycle.
3. Two local petrol (gas) station prices plus the cheapest fuel price for your area is displayed.
4. Two favourite petrol stations can be selected.
5. There is an incentives scheme that not only helps keep fuel prices current, but I think will help keep your own app's "extras" costs at zero.
6. There is a bonus scheme in the planning that will be used to purchase items.
1. The app's "Credit Program" information could be made clearer.
2. The 1Km perimeter restriction built into the app is unhelpful if for example you aren't able to submit the prices and photos at that moment.
3. The price submission process workflow could possibly be streamlined. Currently each fuel type and separate corresponding photos must be submitted.
* For the record I do not have any affiliation or association with the app developers or anyone else associated either directly or indirectly with the app.
* After finally using the app in-situ the app's potential is yet to be realised - only three (3) stars are warranted.
* The 1Km perimeter restriction could perhaps be lifted where GPS data is part of the photo, like when smart phones are used.
Totally free. Great app.
First of all, make your own judgment, cause there a lot of untrue critic around.
This is a great app and it is completely free.
I don't understand why people are complaining about giving their phone number, several apps like Facebook, Uber etc and others does the same. Are you kidding?
There are no more in-App purchases!!
All features are unlocked which is great after an incredible a long period of confusing credits system. Amen.
The map has been greatly improved. I can now reveal up to 50 the petrol station prices every week for free. Largely enough for my need over the week between home and work.
There are still few improvement to be made: favourite, GPS, imputing price.... But at the pace of these updates, I believe motormouth developer will get there.
On the right track.
You only get 50 price checks!
You only get 50 checks of the actual price!
The site uses colours to indicate 'price range', & when you select a site to see the ACTUAL price, you use one of your 50 'checks'.
This despite saying all is now "free" & "new" & indicating that "Credits" are now not needed.
So the very reason you wanted the App. was to check the price at a location, (& you probably need to look at a few to see the ACTUAL price, as without "checking" you only see the colour as to 'price range').
To see the ACTUAL price, of say 3 nearby sites, (remember they all only show say, 'green' as to 'price range') you have to use 3 of your 50 available 'checks'.
What do you do when you have used the 50 available 'checks'