By Kreative Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world's most comprehensive unit converter on your iPhone! Over 1,800 units in over 70 categories. Use in either list mode or calculator mode. Currency rates are updated every six hours from the European Central Bank and the Bank of Canada. Tap the Update button at any time to get the most up-to-date conversions.
To use in list mode: Tap a type of unit. Tap a text entry field. Enter the number of units in that field, and all other fields will update instantly.
To use in calculator mode: Tap a type of unit. Tap the name of the unit to convert from, then the name of the unit to convert to. The names will flash to indicate selection. Turn the iPhone sideways and you have a full scientific calculator.
To rearrange units: Double-tap the unit. From the menu, choose whether to move the unit to the top of the list, to the center of the list, to the bottom of the list, or off the list entirely.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU DISCOVER ANY ERRORS. We strive to have the most accurate unit conversions possible, so please let us know when something isn't right, and we'll fix it immediately. Also contact us if there are any conversions you use that are missing. We have added several already in response to requests from users.
What's New in Version 1.5
Version 1.5 includes various user interface enhancements and a bug fix:
- Input fields can now use both . and , as decimal point
- Pi, infinity, and Rand keys now work properly as second arguments to an operator
- Unit names now word wrap rather than shrink
- New icon
Version 1.5 also includes the newest units just added:
- Rewritten Coordinates converter
- Calculator for required volume to cover an area
- Seconds/minutes/hours per meter/kilometer/mile
- Polar/Cylindrical/Spherical Coordinates in degrees
- Iraqi Dinar
- dBmV using log(V²) instead of log(V)
- Current, dBmA using both log(I²) and log(I)
- Catalytic Activity
- Catalytic Activity Concentration
- Concentration (Medical)
- Vickers, Brinell, U.T.S. Hardness Scales
- lbm/ft·hr, lbf·hr/ft² (dynamic viscosity)
- m²/s, ft²/h (kinematic viscosity)
- EZ Zahn #1-5, Signature Zahn #1-5, Ford #2-4, ISO #3-6,8, DIN #4 (kinematic viscosity)
- Heat Flux
- Heat Generation Rate
- Heat Transfer Coefficient
- Latent Heat
- Specific Heat
- Thermal Conductivity
- Thermal Diffusivity
- Thermal Resistance
- Body Mass Index Calculator
The high reviews can all be believed. This app does one job ecceedingly well. It is simple and vey basic to use.
Regarding the couple of slightly negatbe comments on the currency conversions, there is an update button on the screen for current prices.
I reach for this converter even if I'm sitting on front of the pc with a google window open.
Finally it can be fun to see some of the bizarre units in existence. A highly recommended app.
Very highly recommended
This is a very comprehensive and very easy to use conversion app. Its simplicity and no frills design is a very big plus.
The only conversion I don't use it for is currency due to daily changes. (I use the xe app instead.)
The developers seem keen to know any conversions that might be missing so they can update the app accordingly.
A nice addition to the app would be an alphabet on the side for quicker access to the needed conversion.
Just downloaded it to compare with a much older app that has never been updated. This app has so many conversions it's mindblowing, BUT it needs a way of putting your most popular ones on a different screen. Especially with currency where you may only want to view Aussie $ with UK pounds or US $. There are too many options to scroll through and a favorites page would be great.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 March 2010
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rebecca Bettencourt
- © 2008-2009 Kreative Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.