my snapp is a health and lifestyle application to promote healthy lifestyle, particularly around nutrition and physical activity. my snapp allows users to easily set goals for diet and physical activity, track progress over time and access useful resources. The content of the application was developed by Health e-Literacy for Prevention in General Practice (HeLP-GP) researchers from the University of New South Wales, University of Adelaide, Sydney University, CSIRO and Macquarie University. The features of the app are based on evidence addressing lifestyle behaviour change and will assist the user to make positive changes which will reduce their weight and the risk of developing other health conditions.
my snapp features include options to:
• Record initial measurements such as weight, BMI and waist circumference
• Set and revise diet and physical activity goals
• Enter achievements and view graphs of progress over time
• Access handy fact sheets about healthy eating
• View short videos to get some simple exercise ideas
• Record your GP’s details for easy access
• Receive weekly SMS with tips to help you with your diet and physical activity goals
• Receive reminder SMS for appointments
• Keep a record of your progress in a handy diary format
my snapp is available to download for free by participants in the HeLP-GP study which is being conducted in participating general practices in Sydney and Adelaide beginning in late 2017.
Improvements based on feedback
Ratings and Reviews
- Macquarie University
- 12.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Macquarie University 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.