The my.monash app provides convenient access to important information and personalised services in the palm of your hand.
Monash University students and staff can get:
- Easy access to dynamic, real-time information and frequently accessed services
- Personalised content including timetable, dates, email and Moodle
- Latest notices and news
- A seamless transition between desktop and mobile devices
- Online campus maps with details of buildings, libraries, ATM's, parking and more.
About Monash University
At Monash, the desire to make a difference informs everything we do.
But we go beyond good intentions. We make an impact, both locally and internationally. We are a global university with a presence on four continents. And our plans for the future are ambitious.
Making a difference takes energy and idealism as well as experience and wisdom. As a young university, our outlook is progressive and optimistic. We aren't mired in cynicism, tradition or convention.
We attract the best scholars, but we're not elitist. We open our doors to anyone who is prepared to work hard to make a difference.
We have five local campuses throughout Victoria, two international locations in Malaysia and in South Africa, and centres in the People's Republic of China, Italy and India. Each provides an environment that identifies and nurtures talent – and turns that talent into ability.
We believe the best way to help our people meet the challenges they face is to provide a supportive environment. We champion and support our students so they have a memorable university experience. It's a friendly university – no matter which campus you attend.
From collaborative research opportunities, to building community relationships, our focus is always on how we can empower our people to make a positive impact on the world.
Our motto Ancora Imparo ("I am still learning") reminds us that the search for knowledge never ends. We are fired with a restless ambition that pushes us to do things better, to set new benchmarks and to break new ground.
- Stability improvements for iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
This is one of the most frustrating apps to use. Honestly you would think that with a new app, things should actually be a STEP UP and not A STEP DOWN. Some of the issues that I found:
- The fact that you need to login almost every time to access your timetable or moodle (why not just have a one time login and be done with it?)
- I can no longer download the pdf lecture slides/tute questions onto my device from moodle
- Lecture slides cannot be rotated to landscape (often it is quite hard to read on mobile)
- Maps are less intuitive to use than the previous app (lack of road names, addresses, no more building maps)
- A lot more difficult to find certain links because they are embedded in certain tiles
- Essentially this is just a repackaged website. Why should I have bothered downloading an app (which takes up space on my phone) when I can just bookmark the page and view it in my browser?
Honestly I could go on but I don't think anyone has gotten this far in my review. The old app didn't have any of these issues, so why make a new one that is a lot worse?
It WOULD be useful if it was tech-savvy AT ALL! The need to retype log-in details every single time is absurd, esp since emails and pw have to be a year long and very complex "for safety," cuz, you know, all those free-loading education-stealing hackers out there! Maps are unreadable, timetables scattered in different places. Plus typing anything like posting on Moodle forums or sending messages has major issues with formatting and auto-correct. Also uploading documents functions are awful and finicky. It has somehow missed the mobile-friendly formatting option. The problem is downloaders have no choice but to use this app as our unit involvement depends on it. Technology is the opposite of Monash. Here is the proof.
This app is almost completely useless, and a real nuisance to use. I have to log in with my Monash user and password every time I want to use a feature of the app. The timetable loads very slowly and the new map is terrible. Where before you could have searched the rooms inside each building on campus, now it will only show you the building location. If you're looking for an unfamiliar room then you're out of luck here. Monash would have been much better off keeping with the old app.
- Monash University
- 56.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Copyright Ex Libris Ltd. 2018 | All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.