Bush fires are a part of living in Australia. That’s why you need to make a Bush Fire Survival Plan. MyFirePlan from the NSW RFS will help you prepare your home and family for bush fires.
Prepare yourself and your home for a bush fire in NSW by completing your Bush Fire Survival Plan now. Your Plan can help stop you from making rushed and dangerous decisions at the last moment and provides information on how to better prepare for bush fire.
This application will guide you through the steps necessary to prepare your Bush Fire Survival Plan.
The NSW Rural Fire Service encourages you to complete your plan with your family, so everyone knows what they will do if a fire starts.
Sometimes, no matter how well prepared you are, things don’t go to plan. That’s why, whether you plan to Leave Early or Stay and Defend, you need a back-up plan.
Planning to make a plan is not a plan.
Within the application you can:
• Create a profile
• Understand the fire risk in your area of NSW
• Prepare your family with emergency contact numbers and an Emergency Survival Kit
• Save emergency contact numbers to your phone
• Prepare your property by completing a check list of tasks relevant to your home
• Create your personalised Leave Early Plan by deciding where you’ll go, what you’ll take and what your triggers will be to leave
• Create your Stay and Defend Plan by deciding what tasks you will complete when a fire is approaching your home and during a fire.
• Decide on back up routes, place of last resort and what you’ll do if it’s too late to leave in your Back Up Plan
• Get live Fire Danger Ratings for your area
Fixed support for Location Services on iOS 8
Ratings and Reviews
Great idea but not integrated
This app is good but you can’t get it to accept home address, print, share or sync with other devices. There are many pages that are blank and it should sync with phone iPad etc. It certainly needs to be email-able and printable. Please fix these issues.
Doesn’t accept home address
This is a fantastic idea, I live on a farm and wanting to set up, however the app doesn’t accept my residential address! It brings up an alternative which is wrong and won’t let me by pass. Disappointing
Such a useful tool
Great in helping stay safe in fire season. Real easy to share with family.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.