The COGGO N Broadacre App for iPad is a powerful and flexible Nitrogen model for wheat, barley and canola. N Broadacre is an independent model and therefore can be used with any soil test data regardless of where you buy your fertiliser. N Broadacre calculates the amount of nitrogen available to crops from the various nitrogen pools in the soil. From this N Broadacre calculates how much nitrogen is required to reach the yield/protein target of the crop. N Broadacre is designed by agronomists for agronomists, farmers, consultants and researchers alike. N Broadacre is derived from hundreds of nitrogen field trials and is endorsed by the Department of Agriculture and Food in Western Australia.
• Exceptionally easy to use. Helpful on-screen notes to explain outputs and guide the user.
• Only basic soil test data required to run the model (Soil Organic Carbon% and Nitrate and Ammonium test results).
• N Broadacre is a highly flexible model. Other information taken into account to calculate a nitrogen rate include fertiliser already applied, rotational history, soil type, gravel content, depth to duplex layers, fertiliser type, crop type and delivery segregation.
• GM and non GM canola nitrogen efficiency accounted for.
• Economics of the fertiliser price vs the grain price accounted for with every nitrogen recommendation.
• A simple yield calculator is included with the model. Alternatively, outputs from yield probability models such as yield prophet can be used in N Broadacre.
• Ability to vary key nitrogen sources (via sliders) to account for changes in seasonal conditions such as summer rain or high nitrogen leaching events.
• Runs of N Broadacre can be saved via screenshot and emailed easily to clients or for record keeping purposes.
• N Broadacre is ground truthed for Western Australian soils and rainfall. There is no reason why N Broadacre would not work in other dryland temperate agricultural regions throughout Australia and the world between latitudes of 27-37 degrees. We are happy to ground truth this model for other agricultural regions.
Updated for latest iOS release
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.