N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate sci-fi FPS is back! Get ready to step into a whole new level of gaming on your Apple device!
Pocket Gamer - 9/10 + Gold Award: "Without question, it's the finest first-person shooter on iPhone and iPod touch to date, replacing its predecessor with sharper action, killer graphics, and the best multiplayer experience around."
IGN - 8.5/10 + Editor's Choice: "The controls are smooth, which helps so much when the action gets furious."
The AppEra: "N.O.V.A. 2 is simply the BEST FPS on the App Store right now. Go get it, now."
TouchGen: "Intense and highly addictive."
iLounge: "It’s hard to find a game with this much content and intensity at any price."
148apps: "N.O.V.A. 2 really does feel almost console worthy."
App Advice: "The best online multiplayer around with quick connection, and ten player battles."
BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER!
- Meet new enemies with improved AI! Volterites’ new tactics make the gyroscope controls ideal
- Master a larger range of weapons & powers
- Much more diversified gameplay: run, shoot, fall, drive a motorbike, pilot a giant mech, and blast a laser
- The more, the merrier, now with up to 10 players in 10 multiplayer maps
- Build a career and rise through the multiplayer leaderboard
- Explore new locations, offering amazing graphics, fully optimized for the Retina display
- Enjoyed the first N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance? Be rewarded with extra bonuses.
6 years have passed since the events depicted in the first episode.
Humanity is now thrown into a bloody civil war fought on one side by the central government of the Terran Orbitals and the self-appointed Human-Alien Alliance; a new organization with a mysterious origin and agenda. Kal Wardin left active service in N.O.V.A. years ago and now lives among the colonists of the desert planet Scorpius.
But war never spares even the most peaceful places...
AN UNPARALLELED SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN:
- 12 chapters taking you through hostile, yet amazing environments of various Orbitals
- Over a dozen weapons including the Dual Hand Guns, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Automatic Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Alien Plasma Gun, Alien Lightning Gun, Alien Laser Gun, Turrets, Frag Grenades and Mines
- 3 special powers: Freeze, Slow Time and Disc for melee combat
- A wide range of enemies with improved AI, for even more intense combats
INTENSE MULTIPLAYER MODES:
- 1~10 players online or locally
- 5 modes: Free for All, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Freeze Tag, and InstaGib
- Ranking & Perk systems
- 10 maps on which to battle it out
- Play against your friends or the entire world through Gameloft LIVE!
- Worldwide leaderboards in the game & on the official website, www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com
EXCLUSIVE REWARDS FOR VETERAN PLAYERS
If you played the first episode:
- Jump into multiplayer with bonus XP, allowing you access to advanced weaponry
- Unlock a special achievement on Gameloft LIVE!
JOIN THE FIGHT WITH MANY OTHER FANS!
Enlist on Twitter @NOVA_fps
Visit www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com for more information.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Multiplayer Map Pack 1 delivers 3 additional multiplayer maps, featuring brand-new battlefields:
- Floating Rocks: These low-orbit platforms were designed as opulent resorts. Now they’re desirable vantage points. This map provides the ideal environment for close-range conflict between small teams. Hold the high ground to rain gunfire down on enemies. But one misstep can lead to a quick trip to the planet’s surface.
- Aquarius Beach: This facility once housed hundreds of N.O.V.A. trainees. Now, it’s a mid-range killing field with prime sniper nests and plenty of natural cover. But don’t get comfortable in one spot; many paths make it easy to flank the unaware. The ability to adapt to interior and exterior combat is key to survival here.
- Icy Bridge: This vast Volterite mining complex uses an energy field to stay suspended between mountains. While you can walk on this field, it does not obstruct weapons. It's great for getting the drop on unsuspecting targets, but provides no cover from counterattacks. Large teams often vie for control of the strategic center facility.
Get 10 free XP levels in multiplayer.
Better protection against hacking thanks to bug fixes.
This game is beautiful in almost every way. I've only played for 30 mins and I've found the gyroscopic controls fun but disorientating, however I think you'll get used to it. I also loved the feature to play music from your device! I just wish there was a little more... (hinting at good time to make number 3)
Edit: I've played a bit online and through to the end. I love it all, but I am disappointed with how some moving objects can clip into you, leaving you stuck and unable to defend yourself. Online is nice as well and I like how a lost connection doesn't stop you from moving. But you lose connection too often... But still... Way better then some other games similar to this that I've downloaded like eliminate. Just fix those glitches!
The game is very good but could be better and i don't know if its the end of the game or not but once i finished flashback there is no more levels and it makes sound and loon like there should be though it was good thing i got for 99c otherwise i would not have got. I must admit how and why i gave the game four stars. I based on to things, one was on the campaign game play which i gave only 🌟🌟🌟 because the play was to easy and to short. The other thing i based it on was the online game play which i gave 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 because the online is amazingly good. The graphics are food and it rarely ever looses connection but theres one tiny problem with online and that is it kills the battery fast so i only play if phone is in charge. This game is 🌟🌟🌟🌟
this is a great game
great game, simply great!
though it would be even better if there was voicechat for multiplayer
And Clans, if This Game Adds Clans then it will be epic!
Who agrees that there should be voicechat and clans?
- Edit -
Things this game needs
Survival modes ( online players vs computers )
More game modes
Armor Abilities ( y'know from halo reach, like jetpacks, armor lock, etc
Also, it would be great to name game rooms like ' snipers only ' or 'noobs only' lol
Plz plz plz add these features! Thanks for reading....
'You no longer need to ask why i bought an ipod'
- Category: Games
- Updated: 11 May 2011
- Version: 1.1.7
- Size: 609 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2010 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo and N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- N.O.V.A. 2 : Multiplayer Map Pack 1$2.49