Test yourself to help improve reading of music in a fun way!!!
Name That Note is a note spelling quiz for all ages. Whether you’re a novice at reading music or a virtuoso this app offers a challenge at any level.
Similarly to how we learn to recognise the individual letters of the alphabet, Name That Note can help you learn the note names on a staff (stave).
Select from treble, bass or both clefs.
There are three levels difficulty:-
1. Beginner Level - Answer 10 questions with 6 seconds allowed per question. Note positions are restricted to 1 ledger line above and below the staff. There are no accidentals or key signatures.
2. Intermediate Level - Answer 20 questions with 3 seconds allowed per question. Note positions are restricted to 2 ledger lines above and below the staff. Accidentals are introduced but without key signatures.
3. Advanced Level - Answer 30 questions with 2 seconds allowed per question. Note positions can extend as far as 4 ledger spaces either side of the staff. Key signatures are introduced to really test your note reading skills!
Fluent note reading requires a certain amount of memorising positions on a staff, recognising accidentals and knowing key signatures.
Name That Note uses a ‘flash card style’ way of displaying the question along with four answers, one correct and three incorrect, to choose from.
Just like a multiple choice question only one answer is the correct one.
After an answer is selected, or the time limit for that question runs out, the correct answer is displayed briefly before going to the next question.
Once there are no more questions a total score is given.
Now you can turn the timer off to enable 'practice mode'. This great feature allows you to simply take your time when you're learning. And if you feel like more of a challenge you can enable 'continuous mode'.
When in both continuous mode and practice mode the questions never end and a percentage of correctness is displayed. However when the timer is turned on and continuous mode is enabled, the game will go on indefinitely until an incorrect answer is given. When this occurs a score is given for the total number of questions answered consecutively.
• added feature to turn off the timer to enable practice mode
• added feature for continuous game play
• new icon
• supports both portrait and landscape orientations
• supports split screen for devices that have that feature
• native support for 32 and 64 bit devices
Ratings and Reviews
Timing is fast and unchangeable from what I can see. I would call myself at least an intermediate performer and composer but the time to take in the note was too fast. If suggest adding an option of speeding up or being able to adjust the speed so that people have the opportunity to improve their recognition time. If I had younger students use this, they would quickly become frustrated and bored.
Great sight reading game!
What a fantastic game, perfect for my six year old son on those long car trips, not to mention myself on a more difficult level. I'd love to hear the note as I play the game, I think this would be great for training the ear ..well done Bamsworld , highly recommended !
Fun, but too hard
I bet if you stick with this because you wanna sight read it'll pay off. great stuff.
needs more levels IMHO, advanced is near impossible
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.