**Please note: This app contains a limited amount of TV content aimed at people 15 years or older. By downloading the app you confirm that you want access to that content and are at least 15 years of age.
Explore the world as you’ve never seen it in one world-first National Geographic App. This is National Geographic like never before, no two journeys will be the same, with content personalised just for you. From historic evolutions to science revolutions, see the world as it changes everyday. Best part is if you are using the Optus Mobile Network, it is all data free.
On Demand documentaries, live TV, brand new blockbusters and short videos when you want; how you want.
A selection of digitised stories straight from the magazine including articles from the last century as well as up-to-the-minute newsroom articles.
Transport yourself all over the world and beyond by scrolling through the world’s most famous photography archive as well as National Geographic’s latest photos from Instagram.
Terms and Conditions apply.
We've made some changes to ensure video plays correctly and upgraded everything under the hood to make sure you have a great experience.
Please continue to give us feedback and let us know you're experience using the app!
Ratings and Reviews
Couldn’t register as the app doesn’t let me scroll down in the terms of service part of the registration.
Wasn’t surprised though, always problems with everything that says ’by Optus’. Optus seems to have problems with lots of simple things, tech is not the strongest field of Australia I guess since back in Finland we never get these kind of issues that happen more than often here.
Update: I see that this same problem has been there since January-February.
If you want to make your customers happy and keep it that way all the time you should consider in fixing things that are not working instead of just saying that you will.
1. It is premium to Optus so you CAN’T EVEN PURCHASE it after the initial 30 day trial. Only by getting your service switched to Optus and one of its preferred plans would you be able to access it. This is angering me Optus. You only lose your support from customers and damage your reputation with such opportunistic actions.
2. They make you tick your favourite areas yet DO NOT LABEL the area of the article (only “reads”, “looks (videos)”) so you can’t browse through articles particularly of a specific area 😡
Good graphics and flash though. Hope the real app problems solved as well.
The ineligibility thing got fixed I think
I was sent an email quite a while back saying I was eligible. About a month ago, I downloaded the app, the app said I wasn’t eligible. However when I tried today it worked. Thanks Optus.
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 110 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © National Geographic Partners
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.