A source of endless inspiration for the insatiably curious, the National Geographic app reveals new insights into cultures, ideas, and discoveries through high-definition storytelling. Your free account gives you access to a personalised feed of the topics you love.
**Please note: The App is available to customers who are 18+ yrs, or 15-17 yrs with parental permission. By downloading the app you confirm that you are 18 years of age or have parental permission.
National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild live + the latest blockbusters and the best National Geographic documentaries on demand.
by award-winning photos.
groundbreaking articles by pioneers in storytelling
our rich history through curated archives dating back to 1888.
National Geographic Australia App subscription offer details:
- Monthly subscription: $9.99/month
• Payment will be processed through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will automatically renew per the billing cycle of your subscription (i.e., monthly or yearly) 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account.
• The renewal charge for your Subscription shall be the same as the original purchase price, unless you are otherwise notified in advance.
• To avoid the billing of fees for the next Subscription period, you must switch off your monthly or yearly Subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• You will not receive a refund for the fees you already paid for you current Subscription period and you will continue to have access to your Subscription until the end of your current Subscription period.
• National Geographic provides no refunds and you may cancel auto-renewal at any time. All sales are final.
• After purchase via iTunes, you will have unlimited access on this device.
We update the National Geographic app as often as possible to make it better for you.
This version updates to the latest operating system requirements and includes a number of important bug fixes and performance improvements, including:
• iPhone SE users will no longer see titles wrapping mid-word in the content feeds,
• Fixed a bug where videos would not play immediately after subscribing or restoring purchase,
• Fixed the rare bug where some push notifications linked to the wrong video or article content, and
• Improved speed of sign in and the app no longer logs you out when you have limited or no network connectivity.
Please continue to leave reviews and let us know what you’d like to see.
Ratings and Reviews
New version has less useful features
I like a nice nature documentary in the evenings. The old version of this app had some glitches, eg many videos would be missing several seconds of audio and video (even though the video was still playing). I was hopeful such problems would be fixed in the upgrade.
Unfortunately they haven’t. What’s more, the time indicators are gone, as is the ability to add something to you favourites without first opening the article/video. This means you can’t just scroll through a list and create a list of things to watch later - you have to actually start watching it in order to see how long it goes for and to save it to your favourites. That’s pretty useless. Why would they remove functionality that was there in the first place?
Developer Response ,
Hi, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a detailed review as we value and encourage feedback. We would like to get in touch with you as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience for our users within the National Geographic App. Please reach out to us at:firstname.lastname@example.org info with your feedback and suggestions.
App won’t load (just after the update I was able to log in and watch once) now since then whenever I try to open the app is just shows the yellow rectangle in the center of the screen and nothing else, no load icon, nothing, it just sits there. haven’t been able to watch anything on the app for a few days now. tried rebooting phone and app. anything else to try? otherwise was great app to watch air crash on. just want it to work please
Developer Response ,
Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are aware of this issue and we will have a resolution for this in our next app update. If you would like to contact us to discuss further, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Unreliable, failing app with great content
The flawlessness, reliability and logic seamlessly available to us on Netflix is not on this app.
It’s disappointing because the content is great.
Things I never want to do on an app:
- be told every other day that there are issues with the app.
- scroll through large volumes of video options that are completely uncategorised as it’s the only way to see the full list of options
- squint to read the titles of tv programs in a menu because the developers have never viewed their own app on a phone
- have to manually search for the series I am watching every time I open the app
- have to manually go to where I was up to a video everyone I open the app
- have to log in my details every other day because every time the app announces an issue, it seems to log you out.
I’ve seen better organised apps in primary school projects.
- National Geographic Partners, LLC
- 121.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © National Geographic Partners
- In-App Purchases
- National Geographic Monthly $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.