National Geographic World Atlas
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The National Geographic World Atlas brings you the highest resolution map images available, delivering the stunning detail, accuracy, and beauty National Geographic is known for.
ALL MAPS IN HD
• All National Geographic maps are in HD for retina-displays, giving you the best viewing experience possible.
• New infographics enhance each country's Flags and Facts section.
• Better measurement tools give you even more accuracy.
• Store your pins in the cloud and share them across devices. Plan a trip on your iPad, then use your customized map on your iPhone.
• Add and customize collections of map pins
• Get up-to-the-minute weather
• Check the latest currency conversion rates, or use the currency calculator to convert from one currency to another
• See latitude and longitude indications directly, with a tap of your finger.
See the world in any style you prefer: classic (blue ocean), antique, satellite, or road map style (provided by Bing maps).
Spin, pan, and zoom in on the world with our interactive 3-D globe and seamless world map layers. Place pins to mark spots and save them for later.
FLAGS AND FACTS
Get up-to-date information on every country and capital city in the world, including socio-economic data, demographics, weather, and currency.
**All maps, pins, and latitude-longitude coordinates are for reference-use only, and are not meant for navigational use.
**Please Note: this app requires an initial network (cellular or wifi) connection to download maps for offline use.
What's New in Version 3.4
- Updated launch screen & design for iOS7.
- Addresses minor bug displaying weather graphics in the Capital & City sections of the location detail pages.
- Addressed slight text issue on the South Sudan location detail page.
-Updated links to other National Geographic Apps,
- Major update to the National Geographic Cartographic Policy statement.
Poor support for region around international dateline.
Annoying to use if you interested in Oceania or western pacific. Splits maps in half when you zoom in leaving half the screen blank - yuck. Fix this and it would be handy.
Edit, updated to latest version in Nov 2013. Maps still split in half mid pacific. Looks like it will never get fixed.
Tried to use distance markers but they would pickup locations hundreds of miles away. Maps take a long time to load. Lacks detail on countries such as percentages in certain factors. Needs work.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 08 November 2013
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 215 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.