By Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With NAVIGON you can turn your iPhone or iPad into a fully functional mobile navigation system. Thanks to a faithful adaptation of the menu functions, the app fits in seamlessly with the iOS operating concept and can be installed on any iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 or iPad device (the navigation function is only available on the iPad WiFi +3G).
*** Important Information Regarding Map Updates ***
Version 2.0 included a new map update feature called FreshMaps. FreshMaps is a premium service that NAVIGON adapted from their successful line of PNDs (personal navigation devices) in Europe, whereby for a fee, users can get the latest maps every three months for a period of at least two years. The introduction of this service into the app was planned prior to Garmin’s acquisition of NAVIGON.
Prior to the launch of FreshMaps, free map updates were provided on an irregular basis. In response to customer feedback, we will continue to deliver occasional free map updates, in addition to the optional FreshMaps service, which provides more regular and frequent (quarterly) map updates.
*** Range of functions ***
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Can be used in portrait and landscape format
- Precise spoken announcements
- Intelligent address entry
- Lane Assistant Pro
- Real Road Sign
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning
- NAVIGON MyRoutes
- Day and night modes for map display (automatic switching)
- 2D and 3D map display (bird’s-eye view)
- Route planning function
- Text-to-Speech (voice playback of street names)
- Extended Pedestrian Navigation using the iPhone’s internal compass
- Local Search
- Reality Scanner for POI searches with Augmented Reality
- Coordinate entry
- SOS Emergency Help
The latest NAVTEQ map material with coverage for:
Australia, New Zealand
Latest Map Guarantee:
Guarantees you the most up to date map at the time of purchase. Upon installation of the app, you will automatically have access to the latest map from the market leaders NAVTEQ.
NAVIGON FreshMaps XL:
Always have the latest maps with NAVIGON FreshMaps XL! Update your device each quarter with the latest map updates from the experts. Your device will be kept right up to date and will not only include changes and additions to the road network, but also a whole load of new special destinations. This increases safety, reduces stress and saves time!
NAVIGON MyMaps allows you to carry only the country maps you currently need. Meaning you have more memory space for photos, music and other apps.
Please note the following:
Positioning your iPhone correctly in the vehicle is very important to ensure optimal GPS reception! We recommend that you use the NAVIGON Design Car Kit for the iPhone, which includes both a designer suction pad holder and a car charger, enabling you to charge your iPhone during the journey. Available from specialist retailers or from the NAVIGON shop directly at www.navigon.com!
Should you experience GPS reception problems with your iPhone, please refer to the FAQ on our website:www.navigon.com.
Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
What's New in Version 2.7
- Enhanced Urban Guidance functionality: We expanded the coverage of our public transport navigation to more cities and metropolitan areas. In addition to that you have now the choice of up to three different routing alternatives.
- Various stability improvements and bug fixes.
Navigon for iPhone/ Ipad
Generally a great GPS with all the best features especially Panorama 3D. However .........the absolute WORST feature is the complete inability to set route type. Whether you select fast,shortest or optimum the route takes you on the most ridiculous course to your destination that you could imagine. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I set one destination with a straight road to it and it took me 3 kms out of my way. Will think about another GPS if problem doesn't get fied
Best Regional Australia GPS App
I wish it was easier to save my current location to 'my destinations'. Make sure you check that it's still got maps after an update, for some reason all the maps are flushed after even seemingly small program updates, otherwise you'll be stranded until you can get to wifi. To do this, launch the app after it updates and you're still on wifi.
I own all the major navigation apps but at the end of the day once you have all the add ons (when on special) Navigon is simply the best
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 05 December 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 50.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
- © 2012 Garmin Wuerzburg GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Panorama View 3D$11.49
- Traffic LIVE$22.99
- Fresh Maps XL Australia$29.99
- Urban Guidance$4.49
- Mobile Alert Live$9.49
- Truck Navigation$69.99