Mobile control of the Ness D8X or D16X control Panels. Easily view the status and control your Ness control panel from viewing the status of zones, control outputs and Arm and Disarm status. Control can be done from anywhere in the world as long as you have either Wi-Fi or cellular data coverage.
* A Ness IP232 module is required to add an ethernet interface to the panel.
* AUX outputs 1-4 require firmware v7.8 or higher.
* AUX Outputs 5-8 require firmware v8.0 or higher.
* Arm and Disarm Status
* Support for both areas of the system
* Support for Monitor Mode
* Real time status of Zones
* Status and control of outputs
* 24 Hour Panic, Police and Fire control
- Added alternate output control style
- Bug fixes and Optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
Good app - does what it says
I am not sure why this app gets poor ratings. The app does what it says it should. Reasonably straightforward to use.
You can access the panel keypad, check if the alarm is on or off, arm and disarm, monitor zones in real time and operate any connected auxiliary outputs.
Point for improvement
- Changing the setup options is not intuitive at all, one needs to press and hold the model number icon (eg, D-16) for a couple of seconds to update settings (ip address, zone names, output names etc). Perhaps there could be a more obvious way to update the settings. Only discovered this after a month of using the app.
Also, sometimes there is a delay between switching an output and the action taking place which can be irritating.
Additionally, the app sometimes fails to connect when opened, and has to be closed and reopened to connect.
Found this to be a great App. The only disappointing part is not having the option to operate multiple alarm panels, in other words switch between home alarm, to work alarm. Otherwise 5 stars.
Need to operate more than one panel
App works well but please update so it can control more than one Ness D8X panel without having to change IP addresses in the setup. Just need a button added that allows easy switching between more than one D8X panel.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.