Featured in MacWorld's Mac SuperGuide +++ MacWorld Editors’ Choice in 2012 +++ Editor's Choice by PCMAG and more! Advanced reports available in NetSpot Reporter: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id678464954?mt=12
NetSpot goes far beyond usual WiFi scanning and analysis. NetSpot is the one and only full-featured WiFi site survey software and WiFi scanner on the Mac App Store. NetSpot is also an award-winning WiFi signal mapper and wireless manager.
Exceptional simplicity and affordability make NetSpot the all-in-one WiFi networks detector and analyzer. All you need to run your wireless site survey is your MacBook with native WiFi/AirPort adapter. No special knowledge or hardware required. NetSpot helps anyone conduct a professional WiFi survey of a house, office, cafe, airport, building, or any other area.
We packed the following features into NetSpot for you:
* NetSpot collects and visualizes 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi data
* support for 2.4GHz and 5GHz channel bands
* really simple and fast wireless data aggregation
* comprehensive sleek heatmap visualizations of your WLAN: signal level, signal-to-interference ratio, signal-to-noise ratio, etc
* predictive automatic location of access points
* lots of data collected on every network: AP name (SSID), MAC address (BSSID), vendor, channel, signal levels, encryption and more
* export of detailed reports into PDF
You will find NetSpot incredibly useful for:
* improving your wireless network performance
* reducing time and costs of maintaining or deploying WiFi networks
* finding signal leakages
* resolving channel conflicts
* managing site expansion
* preventing excessive signal level outside of desired area
* WiFi monitoring and access control
* analysis of neighboring networks coverage
Our public forum: http://forum.netspotapp.com
* internal updates for OS X 10.10.4
* few crashes fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Its good, but not fantastic
It was very easy to use, and I mapped my house quickly.
However, during my mapping I found one network appeared twice in the list, and some networks appeared but had no signal listed.
Overall I would rate this app well - something I didn’t know existed and it has a good number of options.
What I’ve been looking for!
This has atually been an app I have been looking for for a while, and all the others I tried just werent what I wanted, I would however suggest updating its UI as it looks very windows 98, but still very easy to use!
Piece of cake!
It is a very easy and simple app to use.
so far I have mapped out most my house.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.