If you want to know when the next train, bus, ferry or tram to your destination will arrive, you need NextThere. It's simple, fast and real-time - like having a platform indicator in the palm of your hand. It knows where you are, and with a tap you can see just the services to your destination.
• Save stations, stops and routes you use public transport from and you'll see the next services due to depart
• Tap on a service to track your trip live
• Detailed alerts about disruptions, service changes and trackwork
• All in a simple, gorgeous interface designed for iOS - swipe down to search and swipe horizontally to switch between stops
• 3D Touch and VoiceOver support
• Today screen widget to see nearby upcoming services
NextThere covers public transport in these cities on your iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch - for free!
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Hobart, Darwin, Alice Springs, Gold Coast, plus regional towns in Queensland, Tasmania and Western Australia
New Zealand: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
United States: San Francisco, Boston, Portland, Honolulu
However if you want some extra awesome features, you can subscribe for a small monthly or annual fee:
• Save as many stops as you like - non-subscribers are limited to three
• Receive push notifications about incidents and disruptions so you're always up to date (available in Sydney, Melbourne, Boston and San Francisco)
Check nextthere.com/coverage for details what real-time data is available in your area.
• Routes - you can now search and save bus routes and train/tram lines. See real-time next departures in each direction from where you are
• Siri Shortcuts - ask Siri when your next service is by adding shortcuts for your favourite trips
• Siri Search - everything saved in NextThere is now available in Siri Search on your device
• Updated for iOS 12
• Improved maps - we've sweated the details so the maps now look great at every zoom level
• Over 100 minor enhancements and fixes have gone into this version to help make your daily commute smoother
Ratings and Reviews
Best Ever Transport Schedule App👍🏻
Here ive been using the standard Opal App Trip planner for so long, when this tenfold better Timetable App was there the whole time. Admittedly i only got Opal App to manage n top funds when needed, then seen that it also had a Trip Planner so i guess i didnt feel the need to look for a Timetable App. But i wish now i had of thought to check the comparative Apps. Proves it pays not to be hasty n jump into the first option u see, but instead should always look around, cause most of the time you’ll find a better option.
I think its great, its accurate, and actually pretty fun n handy to be able to watch the Live Tracking as to exactly where the bus is as your walking to your stop, especially on the days ur running late n usually miss the bus, this help to know whether u need pick up the pase n start running LOL😅.
Bring back 1.5.3. Apple Watch app gone bad.
The map on Apple Watch no longer automatically updates, you have to click out and back in it for it to update, where before it would auto update when you raise your wrist, which is annoying and challenging when rushing for the bus. And the maps on the iPhone app are cleaner but look jarring when used to looking at the regular Apple maps.
I would give 4 stars to the iPhone app and 2 stars for the Apple Watch app, so 3 stars overall.
Update: the developer listen to all my feedback and provided fixes in 1.5.7: created the option to use the standard Apple maps on the iPhone app and fixed the problem with the refreshing of the map on Apple Watch.
So now both apps are back to 5 stars.
It's a great app... But...
So I've had this app since about forever, it's worked great, I've gotten to places on time which is amazing. But recently the app has been messing up to the point of where I have to delete it to fix the problem. When I click on the stop I'm heading to to see what time the bus will get there it won't work, the search bar disappears and so does my other saved stops. I don't know what the problem is but it's kind of annoying when I'm out and I can't see when my bus gets to the stop because the app is fixated on a completely different stop. So that may need to be fixed
This sounds like what happens if the phone has been updated to iOS 11 but the app hasn't been updated to an iOS 11 compatible version. If you're still having problems like this now that you've reinstalled, please get in touch with us through Settings > Feedback so we can help.
- AppJourney Pty Ltd
- 73 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-18 AppJourney Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 12 month subscription $5.99
- 1 month subscription $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.