By Ginger Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac!
Welcome to Notability, a powerful note-taker to annotate documents, sketch ideas, record lectures, and more, on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Notability is the one place to create, share, and manage your notes. It combines handwriting, typing, audio recordings, and photos so you can create notes that fit your needs. And with iCloud support, your notes are always available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Anytime. Anywhere.
Take beautiful notes
- Handwrite notes or sketch ideas using gorgeous variable width ink in a variety of colors.
- Craft reports or type outlines with our full featured word processor.
- Audio recordings help you capture every detail during lectures or meetings.
- Snap a photo of a whiteboard in the classroom or while researching in the field to add to your note.
Replay your notes
- Audio recordings automatically link to your notes.
- Review your notes in context as you listen to the audio recordings.
- Simply tap a word, drawing, or a picture to hear exactly what was said when you added it.
- Provide audio and handwritten feedback to students or colleagues.
Mark up documents and forms
- Import and annotate lecture slides, meeting agendas and PDFs.
- Fill-out, sign, and send forms via email from anywhere.
- Use all of Notability’s tools to mark up pictures of worksites or projects.
Share your notes
- Create collections of notes to share between study groups and teams with Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Collect and handout assignments between teachers and students.
- Turn iCloud on, and your notes will automatically be available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- Create and edit notes on iPhone, iPad, or Mac at anytime.
Notability helps you explore your ideas, store your notes, and improve your memory and organization. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we do.
What's New in Version 5.51
- Bug fixes
- Awesome new import menu to select destination subject and we added a done button.
- Improved image and photo support.
- Bug fixes
Love the new import!
Notability has been my go to pdf markup app for a long time now. It is great for organising pdf files into folders and annotating them; besides having an excellent and powerful interface for creating content. The improvements to the import feature have replaced the old 'slightly cumbersome' process with a smooth, flexible one. The creators have made this app even better. I highly recommend it.
Ok, not the best
Overall, it's an ok app, but lacks a lot of features that lead to me switching over to GoodNotes 4. My favourite features in notability was its voice recording and desktop app, but the things it's missing include:
-bluetooth stylus support
-built in palm rejection (not the panel to rest your palm on - GoodNotes' palm rejection without bluetooth is almost flawless)
-custom paper templates - I hate the lack of paper sizes and it has huge margins that are an amazing waste of paper when printed/exported to pdf
-text not searchable (no ocr)
Absolutely love this app for University! It is my go to for saving notes and lecture slides- recording them and making notes!
Would love to see a folder within a folder feature- I can organise my subjects into folders but have so many documents saved for each one that it would be easier to put them into further folders to separate all the notes!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 14 March 2015
- Version: 5.51
- Size: 37.7 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Ginger Labs, Inc.
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.