Free single-staff version of NotateMe - the ground-breaking music composition software from Neuratron, featuring powerful handwriting recognition and PhotoScore Now printed score capture.
iPad Pro & Apple Pencil recommended for best results.
- Quickly and accurately enter music notation with your finger or stylus.
- Write music on the train, in a plane, by a lake, or just sitting comfortably on your sofa!
- Simple, intuitive interface with little to distract you from your creativity - similar to writing with pen and paper, but with instant playback, editing and a score suitable for printing at the end!
- Includes PhotoScore Now - A free 1-staff version of the PhotoScore Add-In (In-App Purchase) for full NotateMe. Take photos of printed sheet music with your device's camera, so you can play back and edit them with NotateMe Now! Recognizes 5-line staves and most markings including chords, flags, beams, rests, accidentals, articulation marks, clefs, key signatures, time signatures, tuplets, slurs, ties, hairpins and text including lyrics, dynamics and instrument names. Note: Requires 5MP camera & 1 GB RAM - so not for iPad 2, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini (1st gen) or earlier.
- Great when learning or teaching music notation.
- Email MusicXML and MIDI files of your scores to friends or other musicians. Open in desktop notation packages.
- NotateMe Now recognizes a wide range of music notation symbols, including notes (with solid, open, and slanted noteheads), flags, beams, leger lines, multiple voices per staff, chords, rests, accidentals (natural, sharp, double sharp & flat), augmentation dots, ties, slurs, hairpins, clef changes, key signatures. Barlines, clefs, time signatures and triplets are added automatically.
- It works while you write - the printed score updates automatically without you needing to stop and wait.
- If NotateMe Now doesn’t recognize your style immediately, keep at it, as it will adjust. Leave clear space between symbols and make markings clearer with further strokes if any transcription errors occur. If you experience problems, tap 'Help Improve NotateMe' from the Export menu and we will analyze your handwriting to help us improve NotateMe further.
iPhone 5/s/c, iPod Touch 5 onwards, iPad (2nd generation onwards, 3rd generation onwards for PhotoScore Add-In), iPad mini
Screen size - 4 inches diagonal
Writing implement - Finger or stylus
PhotoScore Add-In: 5MP rear facing camera with auto-focus, 1 GB RAM. Good lighting conditions.
Note: It may take a short while for you to become accustomed to aligning parts of musical symbols when writing using a finger, particularly on a smaller screen.
WILL NOT RUN ON iPhone 3GS OR iPod Touch 4th Gen or earlier.
iPad Pro with Apple Pencil
Screen size - 9.7+ inches diagonal
PhotoScore Now: 5MP rear facing camera with auto-focus, 1 GB RAM. Good lighting conditions.
Replaced Dropbox Sync with improved Import and Export functionality.
- Import from Photos (for PhotoScore) and NotateMe and MusicXML files from iCloud and other apps & cloud services.
- Export to iCloud and other apps & cloud services.
Voice allocation improvements, particularly for 3 and 4 voices.
Other parsing improvements.
Hold down play button in editing mode to toggle between playing back all instruments and just the current instrument.
Mute button fix.
Ratings and Reviews
Agree with albyrw
Great idea, and it learns quickly but $27 is too much to pay just to see how capable it is. A circle stamp could be a better solution so the line and colouring it in dictates the note type as drawing circles is quite hard on an iPhone. I'm sure this might be easier with a stylus and an iPad but just by hand leaves you with a cramp in your neck from constantly leaning over to get the note head accurate.
App feels unfinished - user interface is all over the place, doesn’t make sense. No way to add key signature. Very fiddly on iPhone. Almost every useful feature that would let you evaluate the app properly is locked so you’re constantly getting prompts to upgrade. Handwriting recognition is not that great either.
Best Notation App EVER!!
This is the most amazing app! I love it and I think my music student will too! Thank you for this amazing app!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.