By Newcastle Permanent Building Society Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Our mobile banking app helps you manage your money quickly and easily:*
- Transfer funds to new and existing third party accounts (to your daily limit);
- BPAY® payments to new and existing Billers (to the Billers maximum limit);
- Process a redraw on your home loan (for eligible home loans and subject to approval).
- Quick Balance to easily view your account balances without logging onto the app;
- Set up future dated and recurring payments;
- Block a lost or stolen card;
- Create and manage profiles so more than one person can securely use the same device; and
- Manage devices that you have registered to use the app.
® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
In addition, you can also locate your nearest ATM and Branch, access our contact details and obtain other information about Mobile Banking.
Normal data, messaging and call charges apply. Please check with your mobile carrier or Internet Service Provider for details.
* You need to be registered for Internet Banking with Newcastle Permanent to have access to Mobile Banking.
Mobile Banking security
Mobile Banking is just as secure as our Internet Banking service. As you must with your ATM PIN, keep your Member Number and passcodes secure.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Improvements to UI and navigation (including displaying transaction listings in full screen and inclusion of back buttons)
- Updated functionality on Home page and Transaction Listing to 'tap to open, slide to close' to reveal payment options for each account
- Transaction list displays 90 days by default
- Current and Available Balances displayed in new order - Current Balance (left) Available Balance (right)
The latest (end October 17) update has fixed many of the issues I had with the new released version of the app. App is much quicker and transactions are now easy to see as there is now full screen viewing of transactions rather then most of the screen being taken up with random pictures of people and only two transactions being able to be shown.
The app now has good functionality but it would also be good to have Touch ID and possibly linked to Apple Pay. Thanks though for listening to customer feedback and making improvements.
Original review below.
There was a lot of hype about how much better this app update would be but it's far from the case. Let's start with lack of Touch ID and the super slow loading of app and pages. When I need to look at transactions I want to see more then 2 on the page before having to scroll. I don't want to see a random male and female taking up the top half of the screen. And that's just for starters...
NPBS app developers, take a look at the Greater Banks mobile app. It's everything that the Perm is not.
UI is atrocious!
Who is the designer of this app? Disgraceful!
The brief looks like it’s for some pensioner housing. It’s not sleek or modern.
It’s not easy to use, it’s jolty. The homepage slide feature actually blanks and then loads. That’s a bad thing! It should auto slide and show automatically.
The “||>” means SLIDE, it won’t open unless it’s a tap! What is going on?
Again, from last update it’s not clear if the pin I need to access my account is the same one as my card PIN or is it different? If I change it will that change?
Also, with the new app, since we have had to change our passwords and PINs, it gave us a criteria we had to follow to set up a password. This make is much more easier to hack into our account. Did the incompetent developers not tell you that?
Also, why does my number pad not randomly change numbers anymore. This is a “on the go” app.
I use Newcastle Permanent because of its previous amazing design, easy to use UI, and great security and now, it’s nothing but embarrassing.
Credit Card Transactions
I can’t access my credit card transactions with the app. Latest update hasn’t helped. Overall I find the app cumbersome and not as good as the previous one. Also a terrible lack of communication about any issues that exist leaving me frustrated
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 25 October 2017
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 21.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Newcastle Permanent Building Society Limited
- Newcastle Permanent Building Society Limited Copyright © 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.