Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I was a windows user for many a year until several of my friends recommend that I change to apple as I had retired and decided to up grade my computer. So I took their advice and did so. The worst decision that I have ever made, they coped a serve in no uncertain words. I find the logic that they use is nothing short of stupid and that is saying it mildly. I am a first principals person which has served me extremely well over many years and still hold this to be the best, as I have found over many years that it reduces many mistakes as it is very reliable because you know were you are and have good indication as to the final result.
This numbers program is hopeless in the way to do mathematics and as far as I can deduce, finding a sensible internet instruction I have yet to find. Stick with your windows is my recommendation.
Though improvements may be included in each version, Apple’s "all mighty” approach to its ecosystem and attitude of “we know best” is arrogant. The previous reviewer who found their file disappeared after upgrading and Apple’s caviler approach leaves much to be desired.
In my instance two days ago at work I needed to quickly re-read a document in Pages, which had opened just fine three days ago. I’ve been on ios 11.4.1 for ages. But Apple decided I needed to update Pages. I declined as I was at work suddenly needing to re-read a Pages document there and then. But ... no ... I had to upgrade.
Sorry Apple, how dumb and heavy fisted that approach is. Let the customer decide when they will update and how. If I want to keep using an older version of Pages, so be it! Sure alert me to a newer version but don’t force me to upgrade by stopping my current version opening a document that just recently was formed on the older version of Pages.
As for this version: works no better or quicker than the previous version, which works well. Underwhelmed! Not really better than previous version.
Update wiped file and app doesn’t work anymore
The app automatically updated two days ago. I opened it today, to find that the file I had been working on three days ago was nowhere to be found - the app claims I last edited a document a month ago, which is incorrect.
Then when trying to find other places the file might be, the app became totally non functional with a grey overlay screen that I can’t get rid of, even by closing out of app, restarting iPad, and ensuring iOS is up to date.
I expected better from Apple, especially as when I tried to report the issue through a more direct way than a review, I couldn’t as they only provide direct support for people who pay for AppleCare.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 476.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.