Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel and CSV files using Mail, a WebDAV service or iTunes File Sharing
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Freedom from Excel
I love that Apple has a different approach to spreadsheets. Most people have been trained to expect spreadsheets to operate like Excel, without even realising that they’ve been pigeonholed into thinking in such a narrow way. Look at the huge numbers of people who now prefer Apple’s Keynote over PowerPoint. Why? Because it released them from overly complicated and dull presentation formats and workflows. Numbers had given me the freedom to break away from the Excel train tracks and put me on the wide open roads of ease-of-use and creativity. I hope they continue to update it and make it better with each iteration. If you want to be an accountant, get Excel. If you want to free yourself and get off the Excel train tracks, use Numbers.
A suggestion - Is there a possibility that Contact details and associated notes can automatically be populated in a spreadsheet just by inserting their name or the name of their organization in the name of the contact?
It would also be awesome if details on a spreadsheet could allow to “Create a New Contact” or “Add to Existing Contact”.
What if all dates listed under Next Appointment could be automatically added to our Calendar and or Reminders?
Also, these may seem trivial, but - Why can’t we have a Insert Line Break function in the headers row? And is there a chance of feedback from this apps developers when suggestions are addressed and taken on board? - It would make your customers feel more valued. Imagine how they’d feel about making suggestions then, hmm?
Though improvements may be included in each version, Apple’s "all mighty” approach to its ecosystem and attitude of “we know best” is arrogant. The previous reviewer who found their file disappeared after upgrading and Apple’s caviler approach leaves much to be desired.
In my instance two days ago at work I needed to quickly re-read a document in Pages, which had opened just fine three days ago. I’ve been on ios 11.4.1 for ages. But Apple decided I needed to update Pages. I declined as I was at work suddenly needing to re-read a Pages document there and then. But ... no ... I had to upgrade.
Sorry Apple, how dumb and heavy fisted that approach is. Let the customer decide when they will update and how. If I want to keep using an older version of Pages, so be it! Sure alert me to a newer version but don’t force me to upgrade by stopping my current version opening a document that just recently was formed on the older version of Pages.
As for this version: works no better or quicker than the previous version, which works well. Underwhelmed! Not really better than previous version.
- Apple Pty Limited
- 499.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.