Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you’ll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 600 editable shapes
• Edit down to the pixel with rulers, alignment guides and powerful graphics tools
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favourite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share your work
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Numbers does not include support for some Chinese, Japanese or Korean (CJK) text input features such as vertical text.
• Give charts a new look with rounded corners on columns and bars.
• Add mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation.
• Enhance your documents with a variety of new editable shapes.
• Improved compatibility with Microsoft Excel.
• Improved CSV and text import.
Ratings and Reviews
Not as fast as I hoped, Seems Ok
Downloaded this update yesterday, initially while editing my sheets, I had the beachball rotating, once for over 20 minutes when it said Numbers was trying / using 140% of my computers resources. After about 20 minutes it came back and worked again normally. I have 32 gb of Ram, a new 8 month old 27" iMac 3.8ghz i5 Processor.
I have continued today and it seems to be much better. Maybe I asked too much of it yesterday, as I did have a second duplicate open at the same time I was editing the first sheet, overall my impression has improved. Whilst it won’t win any speed awards it is reliable. The beachball just once today again with 2 sheets open and copying 7 columns by 82 rows with revised formulae, only for a second did it spin and then its was ok, all done.
Data manipulation and Copy of Tables Problems
1. I would like a feature like in Excel for Transposing of Data by copy and special paste type function. I find I always need to go back to Excel because of the cumbersome way this is done in Numbers and it is a feature most people like and use everyday.
2. In-addition, I always have to refer to Excel when copying tables from PDF or Website and Other documents because Numbers just produces a single column.
Excel on the other hand reproduces the table structure and data in correct table columns and the data is there for me to use, I can then copy to Numbers, but I don’t want to have to go the Excel and then back to Numbers.
Not using anymore
I have decided to not use numbers anymore. I will be using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. If the application INSISTS that I update to use it then it is USELESS right?! If I am not quite ready to update, then the app doesn’t work leaving me without a usable application… and so Numbers does NOT have my support anymore. I will update when I’m good and ready - and when I’m satisfied that enough bugs have been ironed out. I really HATE it when apps are “updated” and apparently “Improved” yet so many previous functions have been removed. How exactly is that an improvement? And who decides these are improvements? This KEEPS ON HAPPENING with Apple apps across the board and it’s annoying the !@#$ out of me. GOODBYE NUMBERS I will NEVER MISS YOU….. AND I WILL NEVER HAVE TO UPDATE YOU AGAIN BECAUSE I’M NOT USING YOU!
- Apple Pty Limited
- 191.3 MB
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.