**2018 New Apps We Love** - Apple
**Oak will guide you to more mindful, relaxed living** - AppAdvice
Oak helps the monkey-minded decompress by transforming meditation practices from experiments into habits. We support you from your first session to your 500th, with mindful, loving-kindness, and sleep meditations as well as unguided sessions and breathing exercises. Individualize your meditations by duration, and customize with silence or calming background sounds. Oak tracks your progress and encourages you to continue building a healthy meditation practice.
- Guided mindful and loving-kindness meditations with male and female instructors
- Choose a guided session duration ranging from 5 to 30 minutes in length
- Choose unguided meditation sessions ranging from 5 minutes to 24 hours in length
- Sit in silence or choose soothing background tracks (bells, blocks, bowls, streams, and other gentle sounds) that encourage restfulness
- Simple yogic breathing exercises that can easily be performed on-the-go
- Options include Box Breathing, Deep Calm, and Awake sessions
- Animated instruction removes the guesswork
- Guided breathing exercises help relax your mind as you drift off to sleep
- Choose silence or gentle background sounds to play during and after your session
- For unguided meditation, set your custom mediation duration, background sounds (or silence), and interval chimes
- Oak tracks the number of minutes/hours you’ve meditated, mindful breaths you’ve taken, and the number of meditation/breathing sessions you’ve accomplished, as well as any consecutive streaks
- Discover new accomplishment badges the more you breathe and meditate with us
- The power of community: Monitor the number of Oak members mindfully breathing and meditating in real time
-Oak supports Apple HealthKit for tracking “mindful minutes” with the Health app (optional).
Thank you for taking care of yourself (and your monkey mind) through meditation. Have questions or feedback? Reach out to us anytime at email@example.com.
- Mantra course bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
My favourite meditation app by far!! Everything looks like it’s for free unlike these other mediation apps and this app also tries to motivate you by having your own tree (it grows the more time you spend meditating) The app also gives you some neat little statistics about who is meditating right now in the community or what breathing technique they are doing and it is just awesome! I can not recommend this app enough as I simply love it, my only suggestion is maybe the developers can include more variety of sounds and Wisdom videos and maybe the female/male who talks to you through guided meditation can sometimes say different things to you instead of the same thing every time so you feel like someone is actually teaching you how to mediate in real life. Keep up the good work guys and I hope this app soars in popularity over time as it is underrated.
Good app but no tree
I got this app after reading about it through the app spotlight, where the article mentioned it encourages continued meditation through the growth of your own personal Oak tree. I don’t have a tree in my app, instead progress is tracked through badges. I’m a little disappointed as I thought the tree concept was beautiful and engaging!
That said, this is a lovely simple to use meditation app with a small number of selections. I use the sleep programs and find they greatly improve my sleep, however have one suggestion: fade in and out voices and fade out background noise when the timer is finished. Otherwise it tends to wake you!
Well done developers, would have been lovely to see the initial growth concept of the tree but still a lovely app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the detailed feedback! We're sorry about the absence of the growing tree -- unfortunately the 'App Spotlight' is outdated and refers to a previous version of the app. Sorry about that.
Love this app
I don’t think I’ve ever written a review before but I love this app and use it most nights to get to sleep!
My only advice (for the guided sleep meditation) would be that when there’s a break between the guided voice and just your background sound is playing, when the voice speaks again, it could be a bit softer or fade in. I find my self sometimes startled as I’m drifting off and the lady begins to talk. I would also love if it would track some sort of stats for sleep like it does with the meditation and breathing.
I love this app and despite what I’ve written, I can hardly fault it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback and great suggestion for the guided sleep meditation - we'll work to improve the audio transitions in our next release!
- Courtney Circle LLC
- 174 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Courtney Circle LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Course: Mantra Meditation $9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.