Study Cal - Student Planner and Organizer
By Nicholas Doherty
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Study Cal helps you manage your classes, organize your assignments, and track your grades. With Study Cal, your entire academic life is simplified, and you’ll always feel ahead.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• Add semesters (or quarters, trimesters, etc) and track your GPA. You can specify custom GPA scales on a per-class basis.
• Add classes, instructors, notes, and grades. You can specify custom grading scales and custom assignment types on a per-class basis. Study Cal fully supports both point and percent based grading systems.
• Add assignments, multiple reminders, and repeat schedules. Study Cal fully supports both weekly and block based scheduling.
• Add notes, and attach multiple photos to your notes. You can also attach notes to assignments.
HOW IT KEEPS YOU ORGANIZED
• When viewing an upcoming assignment, you’ll be told exactly what grade you need to either achieve the next letter grade in the class, or maintain your current one. For example, if you have a 88% in a class, Study Cal might say something like “You need a 93% on this assignment to achieve an A in the class”. Both point and percent based grading systems are supported.
• When viewing a grade, you’ll see exactly how much it counts towards your final grade in the class.
• Study Cal presents you with a full screen weekly and daily calendar, so you’ll always know when, and how long, upcoming events are relative to one another.
• Study Cal syncs automatically with iCloud, so your schedule is always up to date on all of your devices. Best of all, you don’t need to set anything up.
• See a detailed graph of your grade history on a per-class basis.
• Track completed assignments, organized by the date you completed them.
• Search all of your assignments by name, class, type, or note.
• On iOS 8, Study Cal has a notification center widget that displays the week's events. You can mark events complete right from notification center, or tap one to launch Study Cal right into an event!
• Get morning and/or evening digest notifications. A morning digest notification is a single sentence summary about the day’s upcoming events. An evening digest notification tells about the next day’s events. Digest notifications are configurable by days of the week and time.
• Study Cal is gesture driven. Swipe to quickly complete assignments.
• Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
What's New in Version 3.1
Optimized for iOS 8 and the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus!
+ Study Cal has been optimized for the new screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. This is most noticeable in the weekly calendar view, where you can now view an additional weekday before having to scroll! There's a lot more room for assignments, classes, and grades, so staying organized is easier than ever!
+ On iOS 8, Study Cal has a new "today view" notification center widget that displays the week's events. You can mark events complete right from notification center, or tap one to launch Study Cal right into an event!
Some other small things:
- When exporting notes or events with image attachments, the images themselves will be pasted into the email.
- Many bug fixes and stability improvements!
Still does not work
I keep trying to give this app a chance, I really do. It would be so good and useful if it actually worked as advertised but unfortunately it just does not. The last several versions have not fixed the issue of the app consistently dropping classes seemingly at random forcing you to completely from scratch. Even more recently the app has starting refusing to accept grades for completed assignments. It crashes whenever I try to update the grades for many of my classes, effectively rendering the most useful part of the app entirely unusable. Tremendously disappointing. I cannot recommend this app under any circumstances.
I was so excited about this app and happily paid for it however I am now very disappointed...
After spending a long time loading all my classes and assignments into the app on my iPad I tried syncing the information to my iPhone but it didn't work. I have followed all the troubleshoot tips and tricks but it doesn't even look like syncing.
After emailing the developer three times over the last couple of weeks I still haven't received a reply....
To make it worse the due dates and reminder dates on my iPad keep randomly changing so I can't even trust the accuracy of that.
this ERROR at
Everything works perfectly, except that when I set a date for a task, instead of giving me a day of the week, it replaces it with ERROR.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Nicholas Doherty
- © Nicholas Doherty
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.