OmniFocus 2 for iPhone
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus for iPhone brings task management to your fingertips. Keep track of tasks by project, place, person, or date. With OmniFocus for iPhone, you’ll always have your important information at hand, whether it’s a shopping list, agenda items to discuss at work, things to do at home—whatever you need.
We’ve refreshed the entire user interface for iOS 7 and 8 (as of v2.4, iOS 8 is required). We’ve also gone deeper and reorganized some of the navigation to make it easier and more natural for you to quickly get ideas from your head to this app, and update them as you make progress towards your goals.
Use OmniFocus for iPhone on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPad and Mac). Syncs can even happen when you’re not actively using OmniFocus, so that your information is ready when you are.
- Organize tasks by goals using projects, then work towards those goals more efficiently by grouping tasks using contexts.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni’s free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers, and receive updates even when you’re not looking at OmniFocus.
- Create new tasks quickly anywhere in the app, or by sending tasks from other apps such as Safari, Twittelator, or Riposte.
- Plan your day’s errands by listing nearby contexts or viewing them on a map.
- Receive notifications when a task becomes due, or when you happen to be near a context with available tasks.
- Tell Siri what’s on your mind, and it can go straight to your OmniFocus inbox.
- Break large tasks up into more manageable steps you can complete and track individually.
- Attach pictures and audio to your task notes, and synchronize them with other copies of OmniFocus.
- Get a Forecast of the week ahead right from the OmniFocus Home screen, tap in to see how due dates fit in with your Calendar schedule.
- Search the current list or your whole OmniFocus database.
For more information, please watch the video on our website, or try OmniFocus on an iPhone at an Apple Store near you!
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 2.4.3
OmniFocus 2.4.3 makes improvements to background sync and related features:
• Background Sync When Activated From a Suspended State — OmniFocus once again responds to background fetch requests after being suspended (for example due to low memory).
• Sync When Returning to Foreground — When appropriate, OmniFocus once again syncs when returning to the foreground.
• Sync in Nearby Perspective — Sync changes can now be incorporated while the Nearby perspective is open.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email email@example.com, call 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152, or tweet @omnifocus.
If OmniFocus empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniFocus and get more done.
Notifications are unreliable
It hurts me to give this app 3 stars but I have to.
The 3 stars are for a generally excellent app which syncs beautifully with the desktop client. All good. Lots of features. Terrific.
Except! If I set something to be "due" at a certain time, I need to know - for SURE - that the app is going to tell me about it. That's why it has a due date.
OF2 does notify me, but when I have a bunch of notifications it's easy to miss one. What it does NOT do is change the app badge icon to show "1" item. So if I skim past the notification, I forget.
Launching the app causes the icon to appear; but then I have to remember to manually launch the app sometimes.
For a "to do" app, this is such a core failure. I can't trust the app. For that, minus two stars and I currently do not recommend buying.
Latest version keeps freezing
I love this app but the latest version keeps freezing after opening the app. I try to check off a to do item (Mark it as done) but it freezes. It also freezes when I restart it and try to change the due date of a to do item.
Please fix, thanks
Omnifocus has been a great GTD tool for me. I would suggest adding a multiple select and edit function for selecting tasks.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 12 January 2015
- Version: 2.4.3
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2008-2014 The Omni Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.