OmniFocus for iPad
By The Omni Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus for iPad combines the in-depth task management features of a desktop app with the advanced mobile experience of the iPad. With flexible viewing options, location-aware task lists, and on-the-fly task entry with voice notes and image attachments, OmniFocus for iPad is the trusted system you need for managing everything in your busy life.
Use OmniFocus for iPad on its own, or sync through the cloud with your other devices running OmniFocus (also available for iPhone and Mac).
- Capture ideas as they come to mind with just a few quick taps.
- Organize tasks into projects and folders, with as much hierarchy as you need.
- Break large tasks into manageable steps.
- Track the details with task options like start and due dates, repeating schedules, audio notes, and photo attachments.
- Categorize and view tasks by contexts based on location, people, energy level—whatever you need to get the task accomplished.
- Map your contexts to see where you need to go and be reminded of tasks when they're nearby.
- Forecast your week with due tasks, starting tasks, and calendar events in a single view.
- Review all your projects to keep them up-to-date and make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- Synchronize your tasks with other copies of OmniFocus using Omni's free Sync Server or other WebDAV servers.
- Contact our Ninjas for free customer support via email or phone.
For more information, please watch the video on our website.
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 1.6.5
OmniFocus for iPad requires iOS 6.1 or later.
OmniFocus for iPad 1.6.5 is a minor update which fixes a compatibility issue on iOS 7 when loading a large OmniFocus database.
We love hearing from you! You can reach us by tapping Send Feedback on the Settings screen, sending email to email@example.com, tweeting to @omnifocus, or calling 1-800-315-OMNI or +1 206-523-4152.
Nothing more than a "filing cabinet". Don't bother!
This app is overrated by its fans. I'm disappointed with it. It is not more than a filing cabinet. It doesn't help you keep track of what's due and what's around the corner. After all, keeping track IS the whole PURPOSE of apps like this.
1. It's merely a recording tool (electronic filing cabinet)
2. The "Forecast" feature still requires the user to tap every day of the next 7 days to see what's coming up (compared to Errands which lists automatically in the order of due date. In addition, you have to tap another box for overdue items. And another tap for due dates beyond 7 days!!
If you have to keep tapping into things to check what's there, then what's the value of this app??
Many Omni Mac users comment that they would like the "forecast" feature on the mac. Seriously, without the forecast feature, what is left of this app???
3. The due date setting is very rudimentary (if it's a 99c app maybe it's forgivable, at $41.99??!!) This app uses IOS's default day and time "rolling selection". It doesn't have a "calendar" for longer due dates. You have to scroll to next year, for example?
Lazy developers, IMO.
4. Attachments can only be photos (take a new one or from library) or audio notes (record a new one). Other forms, files, pdf etc are not possible. Again, important features being ignored.
Overall, this app is a good thing to STORE items into folders, projects, tasks etc. It's neat and logical. But it is certainly NOT designed to keep track of tasks, projects, due dates etc. The "keeping track" side of the app is very poor on any level and below expectation of something costing more than $5!
At the end of the day, regardless of the price, this App is poorly design and is not suitable for project tracking. The price is not a real issue in most cases if it really delivers (If it saves me x minutes of valuable time, it pays for itself etc etc).
Additional note (28 Oct 2013).
This app has a bug where repeated/periodic tasks appear many times. It is caused by each event of the periodic task is spawning a new repeat. So the task just breeds and breeds. Contacted support, they just did not want to acknowledge it. So my app is completely unusable!!