Check out your favorite audiobooks, eBooks, videos, magazines, comics, educational offerings, and much more. With RBdigital for libraries, you can access 10+ content services—all from a single app.
Brought to you by Recorded Books, the RBdigital app replaces Zinio for Libraries for access to digital magazines from your local library.
Only RBdigital delivers all of your favorite types of content, all in one app:
• Audiobooks: Over 30,000 titles published by Recorded Books, as well as tens of thousands premium audiobooks from other major publishers
• eBooks: Bestselling and award-winning eBooks by top authors
• Magazines: The largest collection of digital magazines for libraries, replacing Zinio for Libraries
• Comics: Hundreds of top comics from major brands
• Streaming Video: Unlimited streaming video services, including award-winning comedies, documentaries, drama, animation, shorts, classic TV, British TV and film, Broadway shows and musicals, Spanish telenovelas and movies, and more
• Education: A comprehensive collection of online continuing education courses, world language learning, art and music instruction, software training, and more
• Games and Music: Full-length concerts and music documentaries, with video games coming soon
Whether you’re on the go or at home, RBdigital delivers your favorite titles right to your smartphone or tablet. It’s never been easier to access the best digital media from your library’s collection.
Download now and listen, watch, read, learn, enjoy!
- Replaces Zinio for Libraries app
- Now supports 10+ content types including unlimited streaming video, audiobooks, ebooks, magazines, educational courses and more. Please note: content availability differs by library depending on their selections
- Improved download speed for magazines and comics
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible buggy app. I miss Zinio.
The old Zinio app was great. You library came in page form, you could queue your downloads, the interface was a soothing white and it downloads so that you can read offline. This new RB Digital app is useless. The library is a hotizontal scroll, which is cumbersome and visuallu unappealing since I hold an ipad in portrait form. Its laggy and buggy - download times take 3 times as long, if a magazine even finishes downloading, which 2 of 3 times it fails to do. You are meant to be able to read offline - turns out to be true only if 100% has been downloaded. I tried to read several magazines on a plane that ranged from 38% to 82% downloaded and not a single one opened, but opened once I was back in wifi range. Bring back the old Zinio app which while boring, was at least functional.
App crash or device restart .. loose all downloads ... by design
I spend quite some time working through the horrible interface selecting titles Il wanted to read on an offline trip.
Then even more time baby sitting through the downloads that one need to do cause every so often it would just stop.
So all exited after all that drama I go on my trip.
The very first book and very first article I read I select text mode. All I get is blank white screen and no way to get back (seems one need to be online for this). No interface to cancel or anything. So natural troubleshooting dictate to close and reopen app. BOOM. All content gone.
Reading the documentation there is mention about not signing out. What they don’t say is sign in don’t survive restarts, unlike other apps.
All in all amateurish app. I think I’ll stick to PressReader as much as I can.
Further annoying is the locked in text.
It is not possible select or highlight text. Not even print a page.
At a minimum I would expect to be able to lookup a word by selecting it. This is normal behaviour in reading application. Yet with this reader, nothing. No lookup, no highlight, no bookmark even to return to.
When it works, it’s adequate.
More often than not any magazine I add to my list ends up having a download error and I can’t read it, sometimes taking weeks before I can actually successfully read the issue. Really don’t like this app and keep hoping with each update that my opinion will change but no update yet has seemingly fixed anything or added anything to my experience with it.
I also find usually halfway through a magazine it stops loading the next pages and goes blank and I have to quit the app and reopen the magazine I was reading to proceed, incredibly underwhelming app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.