By Mike Tigas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Onion Browser is a Tor-powered web browser that helps you access the internet with more privacy.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, & others.
• Internet access tunneled over the Tor network:
- Websites do not see your real IP address.
- ISPs and insecure wireless networks cannot see your browsing.
- Access .onion websites: anonymous "hidden service" sites only accessible through Tor.
- Can access websites, even behind some types of internet filters and censors. (See DISCLAIMERS below.)
• Fight online tracking: use a new IP address and clear your cookies/history/cache in one button.
• Block third party cookies or all cookies.
• Disable scripts and multimedia content that can be used to track you.
Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser due to relaying through the Tor anonymization network.
Multimedia can bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are not supported and are blocked by default.
Onion Browser does not function in China, Iran, and other locations that actively block Tor with "deep packet inspection" technology. Internet providers who use such filtering/censorship technology may also prevent Onion Browser from working. If you find that the app does not work, visit the Help/Support page to see what you can do.
Onion Browser is open-source software and relies on other projects including The Tor Project and OpenSSL. Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device. More information is always available at onionbrowser.com
What's New in Version 1.5.10
A free upgrade to Onion Browser is coming soon for iOS 8, with tabbed browsing and many other requested features! But for now, updates for the current version:
* Add padlock icon to show if page was delivered entirely over TLS or if there was some insecure content.
* Fix display of the progress bar.
* Fix crashing if user types in bridges wrong. Fixed instructions on bridge edit page.
* Fix issue where Forward/Back/"Open Home Page" buttons would simply stop the browser instead of loading desired page.
* Update error handling to show more information if the browser suddenly stops navigating to a requested page.
More information on updates & security issues can always be found at OnionBrowser.com
How in the world do i use this, when tor opens nothing happens, have no idea where to start, it says double click home button, what is & wheres that. Need full instruction help with this to get it started, please help anyone
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 11 November 2014
- Version: 1.5.10
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Tigas
- © 2012-2014 Mike Tigas
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.