By Mike Tigas
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Onion Browser is a Tor-powered web browser that helps you access the internet with more privacy.
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Internet access tunneled over the Tor network:
- Websites do not see your real IP address.
- ISPs and insecure wireless networks cannot see your browsing.
- Access .onion websites: anonymous "hidden service" sites only accessible through Tor.
- Can access websites, even behind some types of internet filters and censors. (See DISCLAIMERS below.)
• Fight online tracking: use a new IP address and clear your cookies/history/cache in one button.
• Block third party cookies or all cookies.
• Disable scripts and multimedia content that can be used to track you.
Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser due to relaying through the Tor anonymization network.
Multimedia can bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are not supported and are blocked by default.
Onion Browser does not function in China, Iran, and other locations that actively block Tor with "deep packet inspection" technology. Internet providers who use such filtering/censorship technology may also prevent Onion Browser from working. If you find that the app does not work, visit the Help/Support page to see what you can do.
Onion Browser is open-source software and relies on other projects including The Tor Project and OpenSSL. Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device. More information is always available at onionbrowser.com
What's New in Version 1.5.16
Onion Browser 1.5.16 is a minor update to keep Onion Browser safe with an update to the internal copy of Tor. See onionbrowser.com for more information about this update.
* Tor updated to 0.2.7.6, fixing a security issue when connecting to Tor guards (improving overall anonymity strength and performance).
Only Tor browser I would trust
Google "Mike Tigas" the developer of this app and you will understand why it's worth to pay for this app!
Worked great for me, and I really liked the pre-saved bookmarks including the dark web address for Facebook.
Only thing I didn't like is the button for the settings of the browser which is quite misleading (that button is typically used for saving bookmarks or calling another app)
NOTE: If you want to use Facebook, you MUST change the default settings of this app! Click on the bottom middle button, Browser Settings, select "Allow All (DANGEROUS)" and "Block Third Party".
With these settings your real IP may be intercepted, so best start a VPN before launching this app (SurfEasy and ZenMate are recommended)
Doesn't work if you are trying to get into the dark web market!! so don't make the same mistake I did and buy this app