By Conexu Foundation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Keep informed on important announcements wherever you are.
Now the 3 million Australians with hearing loss can no longer miss information typically delivered by audio or loudspeaker announcements!
Receive pop up messages to your phone by time and location, to keep up to date with the most current announcements– while you are out and about.
For instance, people with hearing loss in Victoria can receive bushfire alerts.
• Set categories of interest useful to you
• Search other areas or allow the app to follow you as you move
• Post alerts and share information to the community by location and time
• Available in multiple languages at the click of a button!
Now with added features:
• Flashing visual alerts in colours that you choose, by connecting a Wi-Fi lightbulbs to your setup at home.
• Choose to show an indoor map for detailed posts at selected venues, similar to a shopping centre directory.
• Automatic prompts within a specific location, targeted to a select group of people as they move about
“After a road accident in my area, the app kept me safe and away from bad traffic” - Joe
OpenAccess Alerts is a multiple award winner by Conexu.
Winner 2011 Telstra Innovation Challenge
Winner 2012 Excellence in Social Participation award by National Disability Services.
Also used as the Official App of the 2012 Australian Deaf Games, the pinnacle sports event for the Deaf community.
Powered by Conexu
NB: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
What's New in Version 4.2
Categories for events now appear at the top of the list.
Category groups are now collapsed by default.
Minor Bug fixes and styling.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 06 January 2016
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 32.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CONEXU FOUNDATION LTD
- © Conexu Foundation Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.