Join the conversation with OpenAccess Chat. Developed specifically for people who are Deaf or hard of hearing, OpenAccess Chat helps you be part of the conversation.
- Have a conversation in a noisy environment
- Helps Deaf students learn English and the art of conversation
- Be part of the conversation
Simply open the app and tap, to chat!
Support for multiple external keyboards and even Braille displays.
Other features Include:
• Customisable text sizes and colours.
• Customise and remember preferred conversation styles.
• Split screen with spin function allows conversation on single device
• Intuitive shortcuts in line with Apple product accessibility.
• Ability to share conversations via email.
• Bluetooth paring to enable conversation between multiple devices.
• Quick Scripts to allow you to pre-type commonly used phrases and use them quickly.
• Bubble conversation style, better for smaller devices.
• Review button to view and share your conversation from the chat screen.
• Rename the conversation participants.
• Real time Text.
• Conversation typing indicator so you can see who is still composing a message.
New Speech Recognition button to convert your voice to text.
Learn Australian Sign Language by selecting words in conversions that matches our extensive video library of over 1700 signs.
Fixed display issues on iPhone X displays.
Fixed Rotation issues in Bubble Chat mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Love Chat! It's handy when I have trouble hearing or understanding the person I'm talking with. I use the text and voice to text functions. Easy to use. It works well for my needs. Thank you!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.