By OpenVPN Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel VPN, and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel, or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses PolarSSL (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
What's New in Version 1.0.4
Changes between 1.0.3 and 1.0.4:
* Added "Force AES-CBC ciphersuites" setting to revert to SSL/TLS negotiation strategy used in OpenVPN Connect 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. This option constrains the OpenVPN TLS negotiation to one of two standard AES-CBC ciphersuites and is provided as a compatibility option when connecting to servers that use legacy SSL implementations.
* Known issue: Automatic reconnect/wakeup onto cellular data doesn't work with iOS 7.0.x. A fix is expected in iOS 7.1.
* Known issue: IPv6 tunnel routes may not be added to the routing table on iOS 7. Workaround: use redirect-gateway instead of pushing specific IPv6 routes. For example, from the server:
push "redirect-gateway ipv6"
Note that iOS 7 requires that if redirect-gateway is used, that it is used for both IPv4 and IPv6 as the above directive accomplishes.
* Added support for "http-proxy" and "http-proxy-option" directives in the profile. Note that these directives are currently only supported in the main profile, outside of blocks. Also note that proxy settings in the Settings app under OpenVPN always have priority over proxy directives given in the profile.
* Worked around an issue where connect slider control was sending repeating ON/OFF messages to the app. This could potentially cause connection failures where the connect slider control would move into the ON position, the credentials fields would be cleared, but no connection would occur, or the connection slider would freeze in the OFF position.
* iOS 7 allows OpenVPN VPN-On-Demand (VoD) profiles to be connected and disconnected using the Settings App.
* Allow "Certificate" field in UI to remain unselected for profiles that connect without a client certificate.
* Re-added support for DES-CBC cipher that was inadvertently dropped in 1.0.2 (Note: DES-CBC is an obsolete, insecure cipher that should no longer be used. It is provided only for compatibility with legacy systems).
* Added additional PKCS#1 signature methods. This may fix an issue where the following error is seen in the log: "PolarSSLContext::epki_sign unrecognized parameters, mode=1 hash_id=11 hashlen=32"
* Added new OpenVPN Setting "Network state detection" that allows control over how OpenVPN handles network state changes. For more info, see app Help FAQ under the section "What is the meaning of the various OpenVPN settings in the iOS Settings App?"
* Support iOS .mobileconfig profiles that contain standard OpenVPN profiles (previously only VPN-On-Demand .mobileconfig profiles were supported). See app Help for detailed instructions on how to create an OpenVPN .mobileconfig profile.
* Allow importing of profiles via iTunes where auth-user-pass directive references an external creds file.
* Added LZ4 compression support.
* Report client app name/version to server via IV_GUI_VER parameter.
Absolutely helped me tunneled out of my company network! Tried a lot of other VPN software, none worked. Probably because they are all using UDP protocols. OpenVPN has settings for using TCP connections for company that blocks UDP protocol. It even supports connecting through a proxy! Which is exactly what I need!
Functionality without form
This app does as advertised. Technically quite impressive. However, the developer(s) need a lesson in proper UI design. There are non-standard uses of Apple UI components all over the place. Screen flow makes no sense. Just a silly interface in general. Read the human interface guidelines and try again.
Awesome application, works well with OpenVPN server, stable and reliable. Definitely Need more polish on user interface. Overall great app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 29 January 2014
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- © OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.