OpenVPN Connect is the official full-featured iPhone/iPad VPN client for the OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel VPN, and OpenVPN Community, developed by OpenVPN Technologies, Inc.
* Easily import .ovpn profiles from iTunes, OpenVPN Access Server, Private Tunnel, or via a browser link.
* State-of-the-art power management technology minimizes battery usage.
* Support for multi-factor authentication using OpenVPN static and dynamic challenge/response protocols.
* Full IPv6 support (at both the tunnel and transport layer).
* uses mbedTLS (not affected by Heartbleed issue)
* Added Data Policy Agreement
* Added "Certificates" screen with the possibility to remove external certs
* Removed outdated "Network State detection" setting and enabled it by default
* Increased max length of inputs - username, hostname, etc.
* Added missed labels for Voice Over
* Fixed iOS 12 connectivity issues
* Fixed 'high battery usage' issue by reducing speed stats frequency. Now Speed Chart shows data with 10 sec interval
* Allowed empty password for certificates
* Added custom error messages for connection attempt without network available or proper certificate
* Disabled "Compression" by default (because it is insecure)
* Changed icons for "Edit Profile" and "Edit Proxy" buttons, and improved UX by increasing touch area
* Small UI improvements
Ratings and Reviews
1.2.9 rel is much better but still largely unusable
The chief problem seems to be constant disconnects with transport has received EOF and so on. Hmmm I mean that is an exploit almost! Also if there was a way to poll for server load say via snmp that would be very welcome to even just display at connect time.
There is issues importing another profile... the first seems to go well, the second does not prompt to add and then results in multiple identical profiles...
Otherwise the client does not crash and seems stable. Way more stable that the 1.2.7 release. Almost there just please quash this EOF received disconnect bug and another star. Add server load snapshot and you will indeed get 5 stars.
Connection More Stable (Updated)
Edit: Version 1.2.7 seems to have fixed a lot of issues, connection seems more stable. Have changed my rating to 4 stars.
Connection drops and never reconnects when phone sleeps. During normal usage there is no connection and then eventually dies (disconnects all together and never recovers). All configurations are set to try and get as close to “on demand” feature as possible. But it is just completely broken.
Works very well in my experience.
I have been using this app for several weeks on my iPad and iPhone and it has worked so far without a hitch. I would really like to see some tutorials on their website though explaining the items on the “settings” page for novices.
- OPENVPN TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 19.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © OpenVPN, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.