The Opera Mini web browser for iOS lets you do everything you want to online without wasting your data plan. It’s a fast, safe mobile web browser that saves you tons of data.
* Sleek new look - Our new, lightweight design makes it easier to find what you need and do what you came online to do.
* Get the latest news - The start page keeps everything in one place. Choose the categories you’re interested in and Opera Mini will serve you the top stories and freshest content from across the web.
Why Choose Opera Mini?
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
- Various stability and performance fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Not for noodles!
I see some negative comments about news feeds lacking Australian content and issues with rendering so I would like to point out that this can be changed in settings. By default the app is set to turbo mode which is supposed to help you save data which is why reloading pages may not function as expected in this mode. If you turn off opera turbo it should function normally and as for the content displayed in news feeds to change this there is a menu that appears when you perform a refresh gesture (swiping downwards with one finger with the top of the page visible on your screen) you can customise the location and select content from there. My advice would be to consult the help section before posting negative review. In all fairness, if we were honest with ourselves I think most can agree that all browsers can have glitches at times, including safari. I think people must understand that different browsers will focus on different areas, some might be security, others may be speed and some might just want to look pretty, in saying that there is likely a trade off that will occur. That said, opera seems to have found a pretty decent balance between usability, security and features. Try it out for yourself and consult help if you have an issue there is likely an easy fix for it !
It’s 2017 this app no longer has a place on smartphones
Opera Mini is great if it was 2007 or if you had a dumb phone. But in 2018 sites are so full of content and scripts which you need for websites to work. Opera cannot keep up with the rendering of these pages and therefore has become laggy. iPhones are top phones so don’t an app designed for cheap dumb phones on its platform. Also there is a page refreshing issue. when I refresh a page it gets caught in a refresh loop and never loads, same thing happens when you press back, the page before attempts to load but never does, just gets caught in a refresh loop.
Also every time I open a tab or the app I’m taken into operas page which has content they dictate we have like top new stories. Can’t disable it and can’t choose my own page. I live in Australia but everything in this annoying pointless news feed is for the UK. Long gone the days where this app made a difference!
I just deleted my favourite browser.
Opera Mini for iPhone used to be fast, intuitive and economical on data: now seems unable to deal with the complexity of modern sites - very slow and sometimes fails to load or refresh.
What finally made me go back to Safari however was the unsolicited (and irrelevant for me in Australia) news items that chew up data and clutter up the page whenever you open a new tab. Until there’s a way to disable these junk feeds I’ll make do with Opera or Dolphin.
- Opera Software AS
- 77.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Opera Software AS
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.