Optus TV with Fetch
By Optus Mobile
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Optus TV with Fetch is an Internet TV service designed with ‘YOU’ in mind.
It redefines the conventional TV viewing experience by giving you the control to choose what you want to watch, to decide when you want to watch it and to pay for what you watch.
- Browse and search the Optus TV with Fetch catalogue
- Watch movie trailers on your iPhone and iPad
- Browse and search the 7 day TV guide and setup a reminder
- Post comments about what you’re watching on Facebook or Twitter
Pair a compatible device with your Optus TV with Fetch set-top box to:
- Use it at home as a remote: ‘Tap to play’ a recording, on demand movie or TV show on your TV .
Change channels , and adjust the volume.
- Schedule, browse and manage recordings on your set top box while out and about.
- Watch content on your device within Australia, including Movie box movies, selected subscription channels, and the ‘Movie Now Showing’ trailer channel.
For device requirements, please refer to : http://www.optus.com.au/optustv and link to the App User Guide. Some content is only available by subscription. Not all subscription channels or programs can be watched via the app.
iPad 2+, iPhone (3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 or 5S) or iPod touch (2nd, 3rd or 4th Generation) with iOS 6.0++
For the best experience we recommend using your home Wi-Fi network connection, and a mobile internet connection with an effective bandwidth of at least 330 Kbps when you’re out and about. Data use on a WiFi network that is powered by an Optus fixed broadband connection is unmetered. Data used over other internet connections may be metered, and you should check with your mobile provider or ISP for applicable data rates.
- Instructions for connecting the Optus TV Remote app with your Optus TV set-top box (pairing):
• Please be at home with your TV on and your set-top box turned on
• From the Home screen menu, go to Settings > Manage > Mobile & Tablet
• Follow the on screen messages to setup your initial connection
- You should only need to connect to your set-top box once, however if for some reason you lose your connection, just run the setup process again.
For further support with the Optus TV Remote app go to: http://www.optus.com.au/optustv
What's New in Version 2.2.4
Improve stability and minor bug fixs
Optus Fetch TV
Yes it works just fine when I have a decent download speed, which is not often, FACT! I have little or no help from Optus tech support because I brought my own modem(net gear 6300), very disappointed with the Optus DSL speed. It's a pity that Optus mobile, home phone and Broardband don't communicate with each other and learn the simplicity of Fetch TV. And incorporate its simplicity to all services. I have been an Optus costumer for over 8 years with very little satisfaction of their other products, Optus Fetch TV works just fine when I have a download speed of 3.0 Mbps, I really don't get that speed potential long enough to enjoy the real benefits of Fetch, shame, shame, shame, ....And nowJune 2015 things have not changed much even with the highest speed pac NBN. E I said Fetch TV is great but through Optus it's a shame, ... .
Easy to navigate, simple to connect to fetch box, wonderful when you cannot find the remote and you've got your device in hand... 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽
Optus TV app
Fantastic app, I can record a show from anywhere if I forget to do from home! Some minor connection issues but just depends on my phone reception.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 23 June 2015
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Optus Mobile
- © 2011 Optus Administration Pty Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.