Other is an app for simplifying messaging for that one recipient you're always sending things to (like say, your significant OTHER? SEE WHAT I DID THERE), from attachments to quick messages, and more.
There's a pretty good chance that you have one particular person you talk to all the time. Maybe you're always sending photos of your dog in adorable sweaters to your mother, or perhaps you're shooting off a quick message to your husband to let him know that if he forgets to get milk one more time, you're going to lose it.
• 3D touch shortcuts!
• In-app shortcuts!
• A share extension for sending stuff from other apps!
• A widget that widgets, or something.
• Other things, maybe!
• What were we listing again?
Other makes it simple to send canned messages to that special someone, and allows you to send photos, documents or links through its built-in share extension. No matter what it is, Other has your back. As long as it's messaging. With one particular person.
This release has been a long time coming; a year in fact! I’ve made some significant and colourful changes to things, as well as introduced a handful of features and attempted to resolve potential problems. I really hope you like it!
- Introducing a Today extension and 3D touch widget containing basic shortcuts to quickly get in touch with your other. It’s the closest you can get to having a literal button on your phone without also needing a soldering iron.
- For the power users amongst us, I’ve added a handful of options via a URL scheme that allows you to tap into Other’s shortcuts, or define alternate shortcuts of your very own. You can find more information in the in-app user guide!
- If you prefer FaceTime to… well… face time… *cough* you’ll appreciate the dedicated option to display a FaceTime shortcut within the app and the new Today extension.
- For those who discovered the hidden colour schemes feature, you’ll be delighted to know that the app icon will now reflect your chosen colour. If only everything in life was that easy.
- The share extension had its options upgraded a little, allowing more kinds of items to be shared. There are still some limits on the size of sharable items, but this is a starting point to improving things, and I hope to be able to do more in future releases.
- The authorisation pop-up now has a usage description to explain what Other uses the contact information for (that is, your various shortcuts and nothing else).
- I rejigged the tip jar so that the first tip is remembered, ensuring that tippers can re-access the perks they’ve rightfully earned. Unfortunately, if you’ve tipped previously you may lose (or have lost!) access, so please get in touch and I will do what I can to help you slay the monster and regain your rightful place on the throne of Therispul.
If you’re enjoying Other, I’d really appreciate it if you could take a moment to share that with me through an App Store review. Other isn’t a big, important app, but I do care about making it better. Feel free to share any criticisms or requests you have, and you’ll find a contact form at jellystyle.com/contact which you can use to contact me directly.
Enjoy this release, and I’ll see you again next time!
Ratings and Reviews
Single function app done well
Only been using this a day or so and it's already found a place on my main home screen. Such a simple idea done well - awesome for parents - in our case we exchange a huge number of messages about daycare pickup, what's for dinner or sending photos of our daughter, so this app means a whole heap fewer clicks to get that stuff done.
Would love the option of a smaller font for the main screen as even our quick messages get truncated!
Simple but so useful!
- Daniel Farrelly
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Daniel Farrelly
- In-App Purchases
- Amazing Tip $1.49
- Amazing Tip $1.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.