Out & About - Accessing Your Community
By Villa Maria Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The first Australian app that allows users to find, suggest, rate and review accessible venues and events.
The Out & About app is designed to assist people with a disability or mobility limitation, their families and carers, to better access their community and plan a great day out through information about accessible venues and events across metropolitan Melbourne.
Venues include places like theatres, cafes, restaurants, galleries, beaches, parks and gardens. Events can include concerts, festivals, exhibitions, and more.
How it works:
• Find venues and/or events by searching for a suburb or by distance from your current location.
• Search for venues based on your chosen individual accessibility preferences using the filter tool. For example, wheelchair access and nearby public transport.
• View venues on the map or on a list view.
• See a list of accessibility features and read the venue or event description
• Leave your feedback to help other users and rate the venue by answering two simple questions.
• Consistently highly rated venues are identified with a ‘highly recommended’ ribbon.
• Users can suggest or recommend accessible venues and events to be added to the app by notifying Villa Maria through the feedback tool.
Villa Maria created the Out & About app to assist people of all ages and abilities to better access their community.
What's New in Version 1.4
Rebrand update and optimization for iOS 9 bug fixes.