The Outback Way, also known as Australia’s Longest Shortcut. Take time to enjoy this "Quintessential National Adventure" linking the Reef, The Rock and the West. The route will take you from Winton, Queensland, to Laverton, Western Australia. It covers 2800km of which 1700km is dirt road. There is a maximum of 260km between food, fuel & sleep stops.
Be captivated by ancient landscapes, dig for fossils, and do the world’s longest geocache trail. Soak up the majestic red centre and explore famous 4WD tracks. Be mesmerised by the mysterious Min Min lights and dazzling gems. Immerse yourself in the rich indigenous artwork and culture and learn Waltzing Matilda. Be inspired by our courageous explorers. Find your own Treasures!
Take a journey through the heart of the nation and tick it off your bucket list.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We advise you to quit the app when finished.
This update includes performance improvements, fixes, and support for iPhone 10.
- Outback Highway Development Council Inc
- 118.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Outback Highway Development Council Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.