Do you need help with symptoms of depression and anxiety? THIS WAY UP’s online mixed depression and anxiety course has been clinically proven to help.
THIS WAY UP’s mixed depression and anxiety course is:
• Effective: 80% of users see improvement, 50% to the point of no longer being troubled by anxiety or depression.
• Convenient: This self-help course can be done from anywhere, at any time.
• Low cost: The entire course costs less than one visit to a psychologist or psychiatrist.
• No fuss: The course can be accessed immediately without any waiting periods or bookings.
Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), this app provides a practical and engaging way to overcome your depression. We teach you how to change your thought patterns, so you can start coping better.
The course has been designed and written by hospital and university experts from the University of New South Wales and St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney, bringing together cutting edge mental health research, and extensive clinical trials.
Features of the course include:
• Online Questionnaires
• Illustration-Based Stories
• Progress tracking
• Breathing tool
• Extra Resources
• Recovery Stories
• Online Calendar
The mixed depression and anxiety course is presented through six lessons, delivered over 12 weeks. The topics covered in this course include:
• About Anxiety And Depression – Learn about your own symptoms of anxiety/depression, and learn to deal with the physical symptoms of anxiety/depression.
• Identifying Thoughts And Tackling Low Activity – Learn to identify the symptoms of anxiety/depression, and learn to face the behaviours associated with anxiety/depression.
• Dealing With Thoughts – Learn to confront the thoughts associated with anxiety/depression.
• Tackling Avoidance – Learn to challenge avoidance behaviours associated with anxiety/depression by facing your fears.
• Mastering Your Skills – Learn to master your ability to face your fears using graded exposure, and learn to cope with the distressing emotions associated with anxiety/depression.
• Staying Well – Learn how to avoid relapses and how to keep getting better!
Learn more about dealing with depression with THIS WAY UP: https://thiswayup.org.au/how-do-you-feel/sad/
For more information on anxiety: https://thiswayup.org.au/how-do-you-feel/worried/
Fixed a bug where some items would disappear when scrolling.
Ratings and Reviews
The app has a few glitches
This app is intended to be a progressive course to assist with the management of anxiety and depression, where each question must be answered, and each lesson completed, before progressing to the next. It seems that the lessons also have to be completed within a stipulated time period or you have to redo the previous lesson - this isn't explained in the intro. Also, the app seems to get "stuck" on question 22 of 22 in the introductory assessment of lesson 1, which makes it impossible to progress, and there is no in-app support or email to address these issues. A further issue is that the app isn't configured for iPad, so is difficult to use with an external keyboard. Given the high cost of the app it shouldn't have these issues
- ST. VINCENT'S HOSPITAL SYDNEY LIMITED
- 34.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.