Borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library using OverDrive on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. More than 30,000 libraries worldwide offer titles from OverDrive, so download the app and find your next book today!
Having problems with font size in some books on iOS 10? See http://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/2574801 for help.
• Available 24/7, now the library comes to you.
• No more late fees. Titles are automatically returned.
• Place holds, create wish lists, and return titles easily.
• Sync libraries, bookmarks, and recent positions across mobile devices.
• A valid account with a participating library, school, or other institution is required.
• Each library builds its own collection of titles. Contact them directly to let them know that you’re using OverDrive and to share any suggestions for books you would like to see them carry.
• Added a "Read in Kindle" setting. If you want to always read eBooks in Kindle instead of using the OverDrive app eBook reader, enable this setting.
Ratings and Reviews
A little clunky but delivers the goods
When I first downloaded this app, I really struggled with it. I could t get the hang of downloading my books and ended up reading many in my browser - not a good option for reading absolutely anywhere!
Not sure if it’s the subsequent updates or my increasing familiarity with the app, but it’s working well now.
I love that I can recommend books, and they do tend to turn up if they are (for example) the last two books in a series:-)
My biggest criticism is that books don’t simply download to your device... first you borrow, then you add them to your bookshelf to read.
BorrowBox is much easier, but OverDrive seems to access a different range of books and ebooks, so I continue to use both.
Gone from bad to a real struggle!
When trying to sign into overdrive (after using the much easier Libby app) getting it to choose my library was a nightmare. Once you eventually find your cities resources, it then asks for an actual library in my area. The problem is my library was not even listed!?
Then it wanted to verify my email. After 3 attempts finally there was an option to accept.
Also my files section and history are not working - even after adding a whole heap the night before, and having history. There’s also nothing listed in my bookshelf - when I know there is items borrowed?
It would also be good to list actual library books borrowed from my councils library service, and remind you/ability to renew (have push notifications) of when they are due?
The interface is also slow and clunky, like a slow browser based interface. A LOT needs improving in this app, that’s for sure!
Good, but could be much more user friendly
Latest update does not dim the top bar so it stays bright when reading with a dimmed screen. Last update sometimes only downloads the title, not the content, when borrowing a book. Then require Internet access to download content of book on the bookshelf when you late ( away from home ) try to read it. Both annoying bugs, please fix.
Give back the option or default of Overdrive opening and staying at your last open page. It shows the page and then goes to the bookshelf. Why!
Remove the link from the chapter number/title to the index. Tap it by accident and you are in the index and you can't link back to where you were! Why would you even want to go to the index from the chapter title!
Add a button for the menu rather than a tap in the centre of the page. This should make it possible to tap a word to look up the definition and also avoid inadvertently getting the menu instead of swiping to the next page.
REQUIRES too many clicks to achieve most tasks. Eg about 6 clicks to borrow and download a book to your IPad that you have selected in Safari.....
- OverDrive, Inc.
- 33.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 OverDrive, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.